Are you a detail-oriented data enthusiast with experience working with large datasets? We are recruiting – apply now!
We are West One Music Group, a visually-focused global music production company with a diverse and authentic catalog of music carefully crafted by our creative teams. Proudly independent since 2002, we have offices and production studios in 15 countries, 13 unique labels and a custom music division.
We currently have an opportunity for a dedicated and proactive Technical and Distribution Assistant to join our team at our London Head Office. In this role, you will report to the Head of Distribution while supporting the Global Technical Lead and Copyright team.
Our customers find our music in different ways around the world – through our website, through Spotify and more. We are looking for a data-driven individual to join our dynamic team to support both the distribution processes and the technical platforms that enable us to deliver seamless and efficient service to our global customers.
Key areas of Responsibility include:
- Work with the Head of Distribution to ensure that our music and metadata is 100% accurately distributed to our customers in whatever form required
- Work with the International Technical Director to ensure our website is seamlessly updated monthly with required audio, playlists and technical content
- Support our copyright team with registration/society projects
This is a business-to-business technical role, working with internal and external clients. This will involve working with data sets, tagging structures and technology systems, as well as maintaining a business-like approach in prioritizing activities.
In this role, you will liaise with multiple internal and external teams. A thorough and detailed understanding of all West One Music Group labels and metadata will be required.
Required Skills :
- A love of data and experience manipulating and understanding large and complex data sets
- Excellent working knowledge of Power Pivot and Excel
- A genuine passion for technology and a desire to learn and grow
- WordPress experience would be a plus
- Superb communication skills are essential, this role involves liaising between internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of how a project is run and experience being part of a high performing team in a data or technical environment
- An additional European language would be beneficial but not essential
- Must have excellent attention to detail and 100% accuracy
- Must be a team player
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the link. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this UK based role, so please only apply if you are eligible to work in the UK. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to everyone. If you do not hear back from us within four weeks, please assume that you have not been selected for consideration.
Please indicate if you have any accessibility requirements as part of this application. We welcome applicants of all abilities. Please note that our main office is an old Georgian townhouse with no wheelchair access.
West One Music Group continues to follow government guidelines regarding COVID-19 with the priority of ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees. West One Music Group employees are currently working remotely with the aim of transitioning to hybrid working later this year. We will be adopting a remote recruitment and onboarding process for this position and expect it to be remote based until we implement the new working practice, in which case office work will be necessary.
Inclusion, Diversity and Equity at West One Music Group
West One Music Group is an inclusive work environment and we are committed to equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion, which is why we welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community.
Once we have received and screened the CVs and contacted those whom we would like to advance in the recruitment process, we will destroy any files of unsuccessful candidates at this stage. We manage our recruitment process in accordance with the rules of the GDPR and keep all personal information on CVs / cover letters confidential and secure only for the duration necessary under these guidelines.