The music is amazing. He can excite hundreds and unite thousands. But as an industry, it’s been slow, complicated and patchwork. As the world of technology has looked to the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by the inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia, we believe there is a better solution. This is why we are now undertaking to transform the whole industry; create new revenue streams, consolidate data and declutter administration. Unlocking the full potential of the industry by unifying it all in a truly holistic space. Some might call it a utopia.
Surprisingly, so are we. Welcome to Utopia. Where the music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is grappling with the very basics of music accounting: what was played, when and where? Who should be paid and how much?
Utopia Music bridges the data divide by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to a trusted, industry-wide platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair pay for every game to create a better world for music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of incumbents from the industry – it is about bringing transparency to the industry and supporting effective royalty collection for all.
We are looking to add to our team a Product Director for the Creative Music Agency Utopia Business unit. As Product Director, you will be responsible for driving the product strategy for Utopia Creative Music Agency. As a thought leader, you’ll innovate to ensure brands around the world get the most out of music in all their initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience delivering innovative and scalable solutions to brands or branding and advertising agencies. Most importantly, they’ll possess a strong inner drive to delight users, enjoy working with some of the smartest professionals in the industry, and truly be part of something unique that will have a lasting impact on the entire industry. music industry.
- Create a robust and bold product vision for the Business Unit
- Define the product strategy for the Utopia Creative Music Agency business unit based on a solid understanding of data, user needs, market dynamics and thought leadership
- Convert this product strategy into a results-driven product roadmap and drive its execution
- Regularly communicate progress across the organization and to C-level
- Coach the product creation team to maintain a high performance culture that fosters collaboration, teamwork, accountability and innovation
- Manage your team’s budget, hire top talent, and grow your team continuously
- Drive user and revenue growth
- Define, monitor and communicate successes, failures and learnings transparently
- To do this, you will lead, coach and hire product managers working in cross-functional product creation teams dedicated to bringing the best services to market for all brands, branding and advertising agencies around the world.
- Reporting to the Product Manager of Utopia Music, you will work, with your team and peers across design, data, engineering and business
- 8 years or more of professional experience; including 3 years and more as personnel manager and senior executives
- Proven success driving innovative services growth through sustained, user-centric product innovation
- A strong history of building relationships and collaborating with engineering, data, design and business organizations
- Ability to lead and build effective working relationships in a complex environment spanning multiple geographies
- Highly adept at informing product direction through data-driven analytics and user research
- Has an intuitive understanding of small but crucial details that elevate product functionality into fascinating and even magical experiences for end users
- Collaborative orientation
- Exceptional communication skills
- A player-coach leadership mindset with proven success attracting, retaining and developing product management talent in the Creative Music Agency business unit
- Passion for the music tech space
- Graduate degree in a relevant field or highly relevant experience in lieu of study
WHAT WE OFFER
- Good atmosphere – we live, love and breathe music and technology!
- Work in a team focused on impact and an inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with a proven track record at multiple startups and large tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy offers utopians the freedom to work either in one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive advantages ; packages are location dependent. You will receive more details about this during the interview process.
As we want to bring transparency, trust and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know that change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization that strives to think clearly and do what we set out to do.
We execute with urgency and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all responsible.
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and invite anyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where the music lives!