Transgressive Management curates a roster of five UK-based artists, striving to lead music, art and culture in its curative output, as well as aspiring to work with the most progressive talent. and fascinating of our time. Our new Artist Manager will be a dynamic force within the management arm of Transgressive, supporting existing staff and spearheading/steering international artist campaigns.
Roles and responsibilities:
Leadership and execution in the following (but not limited to):
- Daily management of the agenda, planning and reservation
- Creating and managing itineraries and tracking transportation/travel/accommodation needs
- Creation, management and reconciliation of the budget
- Coordination and representation/presence through promotional schedules and associated logistics
- Coordination, participation and support for photo/video shoots
- Information and comments on social networks/digital channels
- Creative and strategic contribution to artist launch campaigns and live shows
- Management of communications between label partners, publishers, booking agents, promoters and multiple vendors/parties on behalf of artists as well as transgressive management
- Funding, grant and award applications – the creation and submission of documents on a regular basis
- Tour logistics – support, input and research (in association with tour and logistics manager)
The music industry is an ever-changing landscape and we will be looking for someone who has hands-on experience in managing artists, existing contacts and is open to change as well as practical problem solving.
- The winning candidate will possess excellent organizational skills, excellent English language proficiency (to handle all communications on behalf of the roster of artists, including entering/approving composition of website stories, press releases releases, database mailings and social posts), and will be sharing the company’s love and appetite for recorded and live music in all its forms.
- They will be able to work clearly and effectively to brief, establish budgets, deadlines, and work as hard on assigned tasks solo as they do as part of a team effort.
The candidate will possess a positive and proactive, “can do” attitude, demonstrating enthusiasm and passion to continue to learn, grow and progress within one of the UK’s leading independent music companies.
- Experience and the ability to communicate positively and harmoniously with artists is central to the role, while maintaining confidentiality and a delicate way of dealing with personal and sensitive matters.
Start date: To be discussed – end of September / beginning of October 2022 is preferable but will depend on the candidate.
Location: The role will involve working remotely and in the office – Transgressive is based in North London – as well as on location depending on an artist’s itinerary and schedule. Travel will take place regularly as part of the function.
Submissions: Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the job description in the subject line. The deadline for submissions will be the evening of Friday, September 16.
Note: Due to the expected volume of submissions received, unfortunately we will not be able to respond to all submissions. If we believe you meet the criteria for the position, we will respond to you directly to discuss potential next steps, including a possible interview. Apologies in advance if you don’t hear from us – we greatly appreciate your interest in a career with Transgressive and thank you for your time and consideration.
About the transgressive
Transgressive is an independent, award-winning music company that has been around for 18 years. We believe in taking musical and artistic risks, carrying out ambitious and diligent work on behalf of our roster of artists, and demonstrating consistent kindness and care throughout the process, from the point of discovery from the artist to the delivery of the final project, internally and externally. We want to empower and support those in front of the camera and behind the scenes with empathy, as well as inspiring a new generation of audiences in the process.
Transgressive is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating a work environment where no one is treated less favorably because of their gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or age.