The Manager, Industry Engagement, Nashville will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and developing key relationships with artists, management, performers and content owners. Additionally, they will develop outreach programs intended to increase profile and engagement with SoundExchange. This person will be responsible for building and maintaining SoundExchange’s presence in the Nashville area and across the United States.
The ideal candidate will have an established reputation within the music industry. He/she must have a significant number of “direct” contacts with the artist and/or key members of his/her inner circle (the artist) as well as contacts at senior level for major labels and independents. Contacts should also be noted in the entertainment lifestyle “brand” space – those outlets or partners that provide exposure and brand development opportunities.
- Build and maintain key relationships between SoundExchange and the music, entertainment and technology community in the designated geographic region and across the United States.
- Find and connect with artists and labels to encourage them to sign up and become members using a variety of methods.
- Lead the development/initiation/execution of programs and franchises (i.e. musical performance series, workshop sessions, etc.) that strengthen SoundExchange’s position in the market space. entertainment and technology as a leading voice and advocate for the performer and content owner.
- Build strategic alliances with entertainment and brand partners as well as artist communities and organizations for the sole purpose of (a) driving positive awareness, engagement and (b) conducting matchmaking programs .
- Secure artist talent and/or entertainment industry executives for identified SoundExchange programs/initiatives and conference attendance.
- Represent SoundExchange at identified industry events, participating in panel discussions and/or keynote addresses.
- Lead, manage, and track day-to-day outreach efforts and resolutions as they relate to artists, performers, and content owners who hold royalties.
- Respond to telephone and written inquiries regarding registration, membership, payment and general information at SoundExchange.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience in managing entertainment relationships in a regional capacity.
- Extensive contact base (“A” level) and well-established relationships in recorded musical entertainment, including artists, management, and executive-level talent (independent and major).
- Proven track record in the creation and full execution of events, programs and artist franchises.
- A passion for musical entertainment and the clientele associated with the estate.
- “Hands-on” experience of the artist development process within a major label and an independent label.
- A proven track record in establishing awareness and exposure campaigns.
- A proven ability to work independently, proactively, to achieve targeted goals and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner from scratch.
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment.
- Willingness to travel (domestically), as needed.
- Significant and documented presentation skills.
- Applicant must reside in the Nashville area.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a leadership position within a recognized and established entertainment entity.
- Bachelor’s degree required (or equivalent experience).
To apply, please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected].
Click on here to learn more about SoundExchange.
Note: Applicants who receive a conditional job offer will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status before commencing work. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be allowed access to SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully immunized by January 1, 2022. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations to employees who cannot be immunized due to disability or sincere religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.