SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the most influential cultural platforms in the world, SoundCloud holds a unique position in the market as a music streaming service with the largest catalog of music and as a service and distribution company. artists to help artists develop successful long-term careers.
Repost by SoundCloud is the fastest growing music distribution service in the music industry. As a company, we enable musicians to monetize their music on platforms such as SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes and many more. We also provide our users with transparent earnings reports, as well as promotion opportunities.
As a culture, we believe the world of streaming music is changing, and while anyone has the ability to build their own audience, they should also have the ability to live off of that audience.
We are looking for a qualified Product Director, Creator Growth who will develop the product driven growth function, develop the vision and strategy to grow our creator base across multiple offerings. In this role, you will work closely with our product and engineering team, marketing, operations, internal CRM teams as well as partners/vendors to ensure our creators understand why, what and when we are rolling out new products and Features. You will be responsible for developing go-to-market plans and strategizing around how best to educate our listeners on how best to leverage our products based on their customer segment and their needs. Needless to mention, you will work closely with the strategy team to define and redefine the market and adjacent markets the SoundCloud Creator division should enter and win.
- Competitor analysis, market research and other research initiatives to inform market positioning
- Define value propositions and product positioning in the context of product strategy and market landscape – develop understanding of “why” we design products and features
- Build a growth model with analysts, understand key levers – organic vs paid, develop hypotheses and tests on new creator activation to convert them into paid creators and retain them long term
- Assume go-to-market responsibilities for all initiatives
- Build strong and lasting cross-functional relationships between sales, product, marketing, strategy, operations, content and finance teams, as well as potential management of external partners
- Inspire and develop our overall customer strategy, compile regular reports and presentations, drive market alignment and know our customer segments inside out
- Be able to independently manage ad hoc projects to understand the business implications of proposed product and marketing decisions
Who are you
- Passionate about the future of music
- Degree in business, marketing or related field
- 5+ years in product-driven growth (PLG), product management, marketing, business strategy, or consulting, ideally with music experience
- Strong communication/presentation skills with experience presenting complex analysis to executives/senior managers and peers
- Excellent business judgment; ability to handle complex situations with clarity and confidence and in-depth analysis of data
- Excellent ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions, regions and at all levels of the organization
- Adaptability and ambition to get things done despite an ever-changing market and competitive situation
- We are a multinational company with offices in the United States (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin) and the United Kingdom (London)
- We offer a flexible work culture that provides the ability to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and to fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience are respected and heard.
- We believe a strong team is built by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee share ownership plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography class or book? We have a Creativity and Well-being advantage!
- Flexible holiday and bank holiday policy where you can take up to 35 PTO days per year
- 16 weeks paid for all parents (infant and non-infant), regardless of gender, to accommodate newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, treats and 2 free lunches per week at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform and a global community for everyone to create, discover and share sounds. We recognize the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status or caregiver status.
At SoundCloud, you can find your community or elevate your ally by joining a diversity resource group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and women). You can also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, select organizations to support through the SoundCloud Community Fund, and more!