SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the most influential cultural platforms in the world, SoundCloud occupies a unique position in the market as a music streaming service with the largest catalog of music and as a service and distribution company. artists to help artists develop successful long-term careers.
SoundCloud is looking for an experienced leader and market savvy to help shape the future of SoundCloud’s Fan strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for monetizing premium fan experiences on the SoundCloud platform. You will identify and execute opportunities that drive key fan activity metrics by understanding and championing what music fans need from the platform. You will leverage expertise and data to influence the creation, prioritization and execution of initiatives on both ad-supported and subscription tiers. This is a collaborative role that requires working with product, marketing, sales, content and finance stakeholders in the New York and Berlin SoundCloud offices.
- Own the business strategy and P&L for the SoundCloud fan subscription business
- Put the music fan first when advocating for feature development and quality fan experiences that emphasize continuous testing, experimentation, and learning
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on the vision and execution of SoundCloud’s unique value proposition for
- Fans will increase ARPU on free and subscription segments
- Synthesize market research, usability research, behavioral data, and product data/insights into prioritized solutions that improve fan affinity, create sustainable competitive advantages, and drive business value
- Analyze and propose priority global expansion areas to drive overall SoundCloud revenue growth
- Creating and evaluating the business case for future expansion efforts, analyzing the impact of key initiatives, monitoring the overall health of the business, and developing reporting standards in conjunction with the business research team .
- Lead a cross-functional team through the ideation, development and launch of innovative and useful subscription management features that help drive discovery, conversion, engagement and retention
- Leverage an in-depth understanding of the audio streaming economics and broader media and entertainment market to illuminate strategic opportunities
- Stay on top of cutting-edge companies in the audio space to contribute to SoundCloud’s partner strategy
Experience and background:
- Passionate about SoundCloud audiences and the quality of their experience with our products and services
- Understand the complexity of the music industry and how it influences what fans ultimately want access to.
- Excellent business judgment; ability to manage and make timely decisions in complex situations for the greater good of SoundCloud with clarity and confidence
- Compelling storytelling capabilities at strategic and tactical levels to champion business growth opportunities based on quantitative and qualitative research
- Market-driven: Understanding fan needs globally and regionally and an insatiable curiosity to learn more
- Strong analytical skills and ease with financial analysis metrics (revenue, margin, return on investment, etc.)
- Ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions and at all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic – accountability, execution, 360° communication to stakeholders
- Experience with a subscription business required
- Adaptable – able to move at a fast pace in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years in a strategic/analytical role (management consulting, business strategy, etc.)
Sound like you? Then we would love to hear from you! Please attach your CV and a one-page cover letter.
- We are a multinational company with offices in the United States (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin) and the United Kingdom (London)
- We offer a flexible work culture that provides the ability to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and to fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience are respected and heard.
- We believe a strong team is built by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
Robust 401k program
- Employee share ownership plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography class or book? We have a Creativity and Well-being advantage!
- Flexible holiday and bank holiday policy where you can take up to 35 PTO days per year
- 16 weeks paid for all parents (infant and non-infant), regardless of gender, to accommodate newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, treats and 2 free lunches per week at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform and a global community for everyone to create, discover and share sounds. We recognize the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status or caregiver status.
At SoundCloud, you can find your community or elevate your ally by joining a diversity resource group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and women). You can also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, select organizations to support through the SoundCloud Community Fund, and more!