SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the most influential cultural platforms in the world, SoundCloud holds a unique position in the market as a music streaming service with the largest catalog of music and as a service and distribution company. artists to help artists develop successful long-term careers.
SoundCloud is looking for a full-time Digital Marketing Manager. This role is based in our Los Angeles or New York office. The position will lead the label’s direct relationships with digital partners. This position will also be responsible for creating streaming strategies tailored to artists’ individual campaigns while educating the team on the latest developments in streaming and digital. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of music experience in the streaming ecosystem. Knowledge of the voice, ethos, fan base and music of our Soundcloud artists is essential. This position reports to the Marketing Manager.
- Lead the development and execution of creative and compelling digital marketing campaigns for new releases and other label initiatives.
- Help build a digital marketing team for the listing business
- Oversee the implementation of creative marketing strategies by the Digital Project Managers and optimize the department’s processes, including the execution of campaigns on all social platforms including Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
- Oversee digital advertising planning to grow our audiences and promote our campaigns.
- Develop and maintain analytics measurement systems to optimize ROI
- Create detailed reports of all marketing work on individual campaigns to share with internal teams and artist management
- Develop and maintain contacts in creative departments (e.g. video directors, animators, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.) and oversee the creation of creative content, including music videos, online campaigns and other assets promotional marketing.
- Analyze streaming data and advise on strategy and opportunities.
- Monitor SEO and metrics
- Oversee the implementation of best practices
- Interface with artists, managers, publicists, booking agents, radio promotion and other third party partners.
- Analyze and quantify the success and effectiveness of digital advertising, social engagement and conversion and partnerships
Experience and background:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a record label or equivalent, with a focus on digital marketing and streaming
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, multi-task and prioritize
- Strong relationships with partners and digital platforms, in the United States and abroad
- In-depth knowledge of analytical tools available on social platforms and ability to clearly communicate insights from available data
- Contacts in the field of creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.)
- Resourceful at working within independent label budgets.
- We are a multinational company with offices in the United States (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin) and the United Kingdom (London)
- We offer a flexible work culture that provides the ability to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and to fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience are respected and heard.
- We believe a strong team is built by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as mental health resources
- Robust 401k program
- Employee share ownership plan
- Generous professional development allowance
- Interested in a gym membership, photography class or book? We have a Creativity and Well-being advantage!
- Flexible holiday and bank holiday policy where you can take up to 35 PTO days per year
- 16 weeks paid for all parents (infant and non-infant), regardless of gender, to accommodate newborns, adopted and foster children
- Various snacks, treats and 2 free lunches per week at the office
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us lead the future of music by understanding and empowering our creators and fans, whoever they are. We recognize the challenges of the music industry and strive to influence an inclusive culture where everyone can respectfully contribute and thrive, especially the historically marginalized communities that many of our creators, fans and SoundClouders identify with. . We are committed to creating an inclusive environment at SoundCloud for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status or caregiver status.
At SoundCloud, you can find your community or elevate your ally by joining a diversity resource group. Diversity Resource Groups are employee-organized groups that focus on supporting and advancing the interests of a particular underrepresented community in order to create a more inclusive culture at SoundCloud. Anyone can join, whether you share the identity or strive to be an ally.