Songtrust is a global publishing administration service offering the most flexible and fair publishing offering in the industry. We partner with songwriters, reps and companies to build healthy songwriting careers. Songwriters build healthy careers when they take an active role in running their business and owning their music. We empower them by providing them with an education, enabling them to record and collect their publishing royalties, and relentlessly seeking ways to simplify and unite the music industry in the world.
Songtrust manages over 3 million copyrights on behalf of over 350,000 customers worldwide. Our collection network of over 60 payment sources covers 98% of the global music market, ensuring our customers are able to collect all their songs earn globally, with artist-friendly deal terms .
Songtrust is looking for a fluent English and Spanish speaking Business Development Manager based in Miami, Florida with a focus on the LATAM music market. The individual must have a strong and diverse existing network that they can leverage immediately. The main responsibility will be to identify, connect and convert high-value rights holders (creators, labels, publishers, etc.) and their representatives into Songtrust customers. This role will also be responsible for representing Songtrust at various industry events within the community to establish brand position and authority in the marketplace.
What you will do:
- Source and identify high-value Songtrust prospects based on pre-determined ideal customer profiles.
- Connect and present Songtrust’s key value propositions to prospects to close deals with a wide range of customer types.
- Consistently meet/exceed quarterly sales targets.
- Assist high-value customers with the initial onboarding (“Activation”) of their accounts to ensure our ability to collect on their behalf.
- Identify and assist in the creation/translation of localized sales and marketing materials needed to better help you achieve your sales and networking goals for the different countries in your territory.
- Work closely with external consultants to ensure they are aware of up-to-date company information to ensure the highest quality of inbound referrals aligned with our ideal client profile.
- Keep all prospect and client data/communications organized and recorded in the company’s CRM (HubSpot).
- Establish Songtrust’s brand and authority in your territory through in-person and virtual workshops, industry events, networking opportunities, panel discussions, and more.
- Build trusting, long-term relationships with prospects and customers in your territory/community.
- Position yourself as the go-to person for publishing knowledge and authority in your territory to drive inbound referrals.
- Stay up to date with industry news and events.
After 3 months, you will have:
- A solid understanding of Songtrust’s ideal customer profiles, internal sales processes, customer onboarding process, and advanced music publishing insights.
- Identify and connect with key leads across multiple customer types (creators, businesses, reps) with intent to close.
- Build relationships with referral partners in your territory to drive inbound leads.
- High level of empathy for customers of all sizes and backgrounds.
- Strong existing network in the LATAM music market that you can leverage to identify and close deals.
- Fluent in English and Spanish with knowledge of music publishing.
- Hands-on experience prospecting, engaging and closing leads.
- Extremely thorough and punctual.
- Previous CRM experience is a plus (we use HubSpot).
- Familiarity with G-suite/MS Office.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to make engaging presentations.
Why do you want to work here:
- Many opportunities to work with leaders and employees of our company
- Work in a collaborative environment full of mission-driven, innovative and passionate people
- Be part of an open, welcoming and inclusive culture
- Rich benefits program (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, 401k (with correspondence)
- Free CitiBike membership (NYC only)
- Paid volunteer hours
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome and encourage all applicants from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.