Have you ever gone to a concert and filmed your favorite song to upload it to Youtube or Facebook? Want to help your favorite artists and performers get paid for the videos you and other fans make? You’ll work with music industry veterans and technology companies to help develop technology that empowers musicians to earn more from their live performances and videos featuring their music.
The positions are based in our offices in Lisbon, Portugal (this is not remote work). Candidates must have excellent written and spoken English and hold a degree in an appropriate discipline.
We work with record labels, music publishers, artist managers and others to help them find uses for their music on public platforms like Youtube, Facebook, TikTok, Twitch and more.
Music is omnipresent in our daily lives. Just like the presence of camera phones. We film ourselves attending concerts, dancing to songs on the radio or imitating our favorite songs. Often users upload these videos which contain music owned by artists but are not discovered by existing automated systems. This means artists aren’t paid by ads that run alongside their music, as they should.
Song Sleuth’s platform helps these content creators by discovering these videos for them. Our proprietary platform is built on music theory, music business/rights expertise, and cutting-edge machine learning powered by extensive data science work. All of these things are necessary to find content, understand the music in it, and claim it on behalf of rights holders.
For example, when you go to Lollapalooza or another concert and film your favorite artist and then upload it to Youtube or Facebook, many people can watch your video. Then Youtube can run a lot of ads there, but artists often won’t see a dime. We put that money back in the pockets of artists, labels, writers and publishers, where it belongs.
We’re looking for critical thinkers with an appreciation for music in all genres and a can-do attitude, you’ll be a great fit.
Ideally, you have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Drive to solve complex problems with positive energy and attitude
- A genuine interest in improving business and technology efficiency
- The ability to focus on long-term building while meeting aggressive goals/deadlines
- A passion for music
- Attention to detail
- Great team player
- Good knowledge of Google Docs, Slack, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Microsoft Excel.
what you gonna do
- You will work within the Song Sleuth architecture to validate assets produced by our system for subsequent claim on YouTube and other online platforms.
- Listen to (and validate claims against) lots of music in all genres, with a focus on live music recordings
- Provide feedback to product and development teams on potential workflow improvements
- Interact with customers, such as record labels, in Europe, the United States, Africa, India and South America.
- Learn from others, teach yourself and teach others
Please note; a short cover letter or note is essential to your application. Please answer the two questions below on the basis on which they are asked, we are looking for people who can think critically.
This role will earn a net salary of 1050 euros per month, + a meal allowance (4.77 euros per day), private medical insurance provided by Medicare as well as other benefits (such as a cooked lunch once a week , organic fruit, coffee, soft drinks and more).
We offer a performance related bonus in a competitive manner based on the highest quality asset valuations, on a monthly basis.