We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our Business Partnerships team working in a hybrid manner in our London Bridge Hub office and remotely.
PRS for Music Limited is the UK’s leading collecting society. We undertake collective rights management of musical works on behalf of over 150,000 members and pay them royalties when their work is performed, broadcast, streamed, downloaded, reproduced, played in public or used in cinemas and on the television. We support them by influencing policy, supporting and organizing awards and events, and investing in new technologies to ensure we are ready for the digital music era.
About the role
The Business Development Manager will develop, negotiate, and implement simplified pricing and licensing schemes used by PRS’s business teams and strategic partners who license the use of PRS and MCPS’s directory.
Other duties will include, but are limited to:
Support the implementation of business development strategies to sustainably increase revenue for PRS for Music members through:
- Development of new products and services,
- renegotiating existing pricing structures with key markets (e.g. broadcast, digital and live events), trade bodies and customers and addressing competitive threats from new market entrants and disruptive events.
- Lead the business development of standard assigned licensing schemes, tariffs and licensing schemes by negotiating with key stakeholders, trade bodies, identifying and delivering all opportunities to increase member value through improvements in price.
- Formulate public consultation documents and summary of respective responses (if any) for each tariff or licensing scheme, including liaison with key stakeholders, MCPS, PPL PRS, Marketing PRS, Legal PRS, etc.
- Manage the implementation of approved tariffs and licensing schemes within PRS or PPL PRS by providing all required documentation (including copy of tariffs/schemes, guidance notes, marketing materials, materials training, etc.) and performing 3, 6 and 12 month audits to ensure that the anticipated financial benefits of the new tariff/licensing regime have been and will continue to be provided.
- Provide high quality market and industry analysis and support the development of underlying analytical frameworks for the ongoing review and development of PRS tariffs and licensing regimes.
- Support timely resolutions of customer queries escalated by customer-facing personnel regarding the interpretation and application of current PRS tariffs, programs, and licensing policies.
- Responsible for formulating Board and Committee documents for all developments requiring formal approval.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders, including internal staff, membership committees, advisory councils, boards of directors, customers and representative organizations.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of dealing with clients and building long-term client relationships, you will have good interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Other experience must include:
- University degree or relevant professional experience
- Experience in conducting economic analyzes
- High level of commercial awareness integrating financial and legal concerns
- High level of attention to detail in a multi-tasking schedule
- Tenacious approach, with proven success in problem solving
We live by our values, they are deeply rooted in our corporate culture. We want to help you grow throughout your career, so we have plenty of development opportunities for you, including job shadowing, study support, a variety of courses and a bespoke online learning platform. .