Primary Wave Music is the world’s leading independent publisher of iconic and legendary music. The company is home to some of the most iconic songwriters, artists and record labels in recorded music history, including Bob Marley, Stevie Nicks, Smokey Robinson, Burt Bacharach, Ray Charles, Sun Records and many more. Throughout the company’s 15-year history, Primary Wave has built an excellent reputation for being forward-thinking and reintroducing classic artists and their music to the modern market, as well as encouraging young talents to become legends themselves. As a company, we strive for excellence in the pursuit of iconic artists and catalogs that not only reflect great artistry, but impact and influence culture.
The Primary Wave Sync department is looking for a Creative Sync Coordinator to join our Los Angeles team. The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in music publishing, licensing, music supervision or a similar role.
The objective of the Creative Sync Coordinator position is to provide creative and administrative support in all areas of activity of the Sync department.
The ideal candidate for the position:
- Has at least 2 years of experience in music publishing, licensing or a similar role
- Is very passionate about classical and contemporary music of all styles
- Is an ambitious person who is also passionate about the music and entertainment industries
- Is a team player and works well in a collaborative environment
- Knows the fundamentals of music publishing and licensing
- Has experience with various digital audio formats, knows the advanced features of iTunes as well as Disco or similar online music presentation platforms
- Has experience with Microsoft Excel and the Office suite
- Has experience with Mailchimp or similar e-blast design platforms
- Has experience with Photoshop or other similar graphics program
- Has excellent overall attention to detail
- Is constantly curious and always ready to take on new challenges
In the position, the Coordinator will:
- Update and manage detailed synchronization placement activity spreadsheet data
- Process incoming synchronization license requests and approvals for various media
- Help ingest and tag audio catalogs into our sync pitch system
- Convert and archive digital audio and video files
- Build song playlists from our in-depth catalogs to support the sync team’s pitch on various film/TV/advertising/video game projects and more
- Actively present creative synchronization opportunities in various media
- Help plan music showcases and other sync department events
The compensation package includes salary, benefits and 401k.
Apply by email: [email protected]