Please note that this role is a 12 month contract and could be based in London, Nigeria or South Africa.
As an Africa and Services Manager, you will need to possess an entrepreneurial ability to try new and different things with minimal direction. Overall, you will be challenged to push boundaries, come up with and implement new ideas, and establish standard methodologies for the peloton.
This position is a unique opportunity to help lead the Platoon’s efforts in an ever-changing critical space and work across the roster, as well as opportunities for the Platoon and its partners. The ideal candidate is a highly strategic, resourceful, creative, enterprising and collaborative leader.
Part of Apple, Platoon is a creative artist services company that nurtures and builds the careers of independent artists of all levels through funding, distribution, marketing and A&R. The company is best known for working from an early stage with emerging and established artists including Jorja Smith, Billie Eilish, Victoria Monét, Yebba and Mr. Eazi.
We are conducting a global search for a bold music professional with a strong industry background to join Platoon.
- Over 8 years of professional experience in the music industry with a background in management, A&R, artist and label partnerships, strategy, operations, marketing and promotions.
- Extensive experience working directly with artists and their teams while delivering results and constructive lines of communication.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous work environment and lead change laterally and vertically in influencing organizations
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to collect and interpret data, using it to set performance goals and develop long-term strategies
- An impeccable ability to establish and maintain numerous relationships in the industry, with a “partner first” approach.
- Excellent communication skills, with experience building and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Evidence of creative problem-solving track record, ability to work well collaboratively and under pressure.
- You are results-oriented, optimistic and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- Flexible and versatile in nature, and with the ability to take on challenges while maintaining and even keeping his sense of humor.
- Be responsible for the overall performance of this region in terms of flows made, artists signed and the strategy implemented in order to continue the successful trajectory of this line of business
- Strategically sign leading African artists as well as developing artists who have the potential to become leading African artists in the world
- Work with the A&R team to bring the music of these artists to a place where the music is ready to be released and marketed
- Create, plan and implement our approach with artists, release managers and partners in Africa and other international regions
- Work with teams (such as Creative, Marketing, etc.) to not only ensure an overall marketing approach for each campaign, but also to communicate campaign performance after release.
- Maximize existing relationships with African and international digital partners
- Proactively drive and seek new partnership opportunities across Africa.
- Create, develop and maintain relationships on the African continent
- Actively seek out emerging label/management companies based in Africa to partner with Platoon
- Liaise with the Commercial Affairs team in drafting agreements with artists.
- Oversee exceptional marketing campaigns for artists.
- Create, manage and drive a range of projects aligned with our organizational and business strategies.
- Manage department budget requests and oversee artist budget expenditures.
- Lead and inspire teams to work collaboratively on key projects and initiatives that meet Platoon and Apple goals.
- Sharpened ability to cross-manage and mentor other team members to achieve goals of a larger team goal
Apple is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take positive steps to provide employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and persons with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate against or retaliate against applicants who inquire, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations to participate in the application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other employment-related benefits and privileges. Please contact us to request