The Official Charts Company owns and operates official charts and industry data from the UK music and video sectors as featured on BBC Radio 1, MTV and national media. Thanks to our media partnerships, the icon of the official charts is seen by more than 34 million consumers each week.
OfficialCharts.com is also one of the fastest growing mainstream music websites in the UK, with a monthly audience of 2.5 million active and engaged music fans of all genres, cutting-edge information , features and exclusive video interviews with number 1 artists, and offering the definitive online chart history database. Official Charts also has nearly 700,000 social media followers across all platforms.
Working at Official Charts will give the candidate unprecedented access to the music and film industry. Whether it’s attending the Brit Awards or the Mercury Music Prize or meeting record labels and management, the nominee will be part of one of the most important organizations in the UK music industry.
Purpose of the role
The successful candidate will work with our commercial team to manage existing revenue and develop new revenue streams for the Official Charts media brand, and will have full commercial responsibility for officialcharts.com, reporting to the Official Charts Commercial Director.
Develop a strategy and increase revenue for the Official Charts media brand, thanks to:
Third-party ad sales relationship management. Including:
- Maintain performance
- Ensure partner optimization
Market the OfficialCharts.com online audience by:
- Expand our direct selling inventory
- Build relationships with channel partners, SSPs, Trade Desks and agencies
- Communicate Official Charts.com offer to media buying agencies/marketplace
- Manage existing sponsorship agreements
Initiate and create new business/digital opportunities through sponsored content and partnership agreements
- Act as a daily point of contact for all third-party advertising partners
- Manage our relationships with third-party ad sales partners to ensure we maximize revenue, optimize inventory utilization, manage competing formats, and increase CPMs
- Growing our direct selling business – full end-to-end responsibility for this process, from selling to advertisers to managing delivery
- Develop and deliver brand partnerships and sponsorships (in partnership with brand/content team):
- around key moments in the editorial calendar (e.g. Christmas number 1)
- through the development of content packages around existing assets (e.g. Official Vinyl Chart, Official Streaming Chart, etc.)
- through the creation of new content/features (e.g. sessions, premium interviews, feature series)
Manage existing sponsorship agreements with the official site
- Afrobeats chart and official Americana chart
- Manage reports/forecasts of all digital revenue streams – advertising, affiliates
- Manage and grow affiliate partnership revenue – music, tickets, merchandise, etc.
- Be a brand ambassador and attend industry events e.g. MadFest, Alliance of Independent Publishers events
Experience, knowledge and skills
- 3-5 years in digital advertising/partnership sales with some experience in business strategy
- Solid knowledge of programmatic and digital advertising environments
- Knowledge of the digital advertising landscape and ad technology partners
- Knowledge of technical trends and changes, e.g. Core Weeb Vitals
- Creative thinker able to conceptualize and develop winning creative solutions
- Attention to detail and analytical approach to site revenue growth
- Ability to carry out projects within a small team with a start-up philosophy
- Strong analytical skills – ability to synthesize data into key learnings and insights
- Autonomous with an entrepreneurial approach
- Ability to manage a portfolio of business activities in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented individual with a track record of success
- Strong team player with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Articulate and confident communicator/presenter
- Quarterly bonus structure
- Uncapped commission on budget overrun
- Excellent benefits – private healthcare, life insurance, personal retirement contribution and annual travel loan
- Flexible/hybrid working with an office based in Soho
- We are open to full-time and split-time options where applicable
- The Official Charts Company is passionate about encouraging the best and most talented people to join the team, regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or political beliefs. .
If you like the sound of what you see, we’d love to chat. Please submit your CV and a note explaining why you think you are the person we need to see!