The music business has grown. Thanks to a wave of major financings and IPOs, music has become a sought-after commodity for investors who appreciate the reliable returns created by streaming.
The music industry around the worldthe world’s premier B2B title for the music industry, is well known for diving behind the numbers to provide unparalleled fiscal analysis, as well as commentary on key trends.
We’re read (and trusted) by the world’s most influential music investors and music rights executives.
Now we are recruiting an expert in financial analysis to join our team as Markets Editor.
This work is a thought-provoking mix of breaking news, expert insights, data analysis and interviews with the smartest minds in the entertainment industry.
Reporting to the MBW Editor, a key part of the role will see you write regular earnings call reporting/analysis, investor presentations and trade announcements for several publicly traded entertainment companies.
These companies may be based in the US, UK, China, Europe or elsewhere.
- At least three years of experience covering and analyzing one or more industries for high-level B2B audiences
- A proven track record of financial literacy in editorial coverage
- Experience covering public company financial statements, including, in particular, quarterly earnings calls
Don’t worry if your knowledge of the music industry isn’t very sophisticated: that we can teach you. That’s what you then do with this knowledge that matters.
- A brilliant journalist who is as comfortable delving into earnings reports as he is industry news
- A super smart market analyst
- A born networker who is comfortable chewing the fat with the most influential executives in a given company
- A team player
Benefits of the position:
- Sitting at the center of one of the most dynamic and exciting industries in, you know, human history
- Competitive salary
- 32 days of vacation per year (including public holidays)
- Opportunities to travel
This is a full-time work from home/remote position, open to applicants based in the UK, US and beyond.
To apply, please send your resume/curriculum vitae and a covering note, along with salary expectations, to [email protected] by EOP Wednesday, June 29. Please use email subject MBW MARKET EDITOR.
Due to the expected volume of requests, The music industry around the world cannot guarantee a response, but we thank you in advance for your interest.