The music industry around the world is recruiting an associate editor for its website and magazines.
You will join a successful and growing company at the epicenter of the modern, robust and fascinating music industry. The eyes of the sharpest minds in the entertainment industry will be upon you 🙂.
This full-time role requires at least 5 years of experience in the music or entertainment industries from a business/economic perspective.
This experience should include extensive coverage of B2B news/analysis of quarterly tax results and related earnings calls.
Applicants should be financially savvy and have a solid understanding of what makes a headline/headline strong and appealing.
The successful candidate will report to Music Business around the world Editor.
- Writing 2-3 daily news articles for MBW website/newsletters. We are looking for QUALITY content containing original thought and enlightening context. The goal is to teach experienced music professionals something they didn’t already know. (No cut-and-paste press releases!)
- Regular and timely coverage of news/analysis of earnings calls and trade announcements for several publicly traded companies in the entertainment industry. These companies may be based in the US, UK, China, Europe or elsewhere.
- Writing interviews (and conducting podcast interviews) with music business leaders and creatives around the world.
- Contribute to several interviews as well as commentary/analytical articles for MBW’s quarterly magazine covering the UK market, Music business in the UK.
- Work on MBW’s flagship messaging products.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the global entertainment field for a B2B publication and have an exceptional contact book in the industry.
- You know the difference between PR fluff and quality news and analytics content.
- You are a regular reader of The music industry around the worldand understand what motivates our high profile audience.
- Ideally, you have experience with magazine/InDesign subtitles (not essential).
- You are nice to people.
This is a work-from-home/remote position, open to applicants based in the UK, US and beyond.
To apply, please send your resume/curriculum vitae and a cover note, along with salary expectations, to [email protected] by EOP Wednesday, June 22. Please use email subject MBW ASSISTANT EDITOR.
Due to the expected volume of requests, The music industry around the world cannot guarantee a response, but we thank you in advance for your interest.