Monstercat is looking for a passionate and creative Social Media Manager to promote Monstercat’s brand identity through compelling digital campaigns and activations that speak to our fans and accelerate Monstercat’s social media presence in the whole world.
Reporting to the Head of Growth Marketing, you will execute social content and marketing strategies that support Monstercat’s brand and music priorities. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and can effectively communicate new ideas, channels and campaigns cross-functionally.
This is a dynamic and exciting role that is expected to evolve with the ever-changing digital landscape and as the business grows.
What you will do…
- Manage Monstercat’s social content strategy and execution, including planning, briefing, asset delivery and content calendar development and management, across all owned platforms.
- Build cohesion across Monstercat properties across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, TikTok, Reddit and Discord, and advise on best practices for each channel.
- Inform the creative design team to produce video, 3D and static images supporting Monstercat releases and brand priorities.
- Partner with KOLs and influencers aligned with the electronic music and gaming space to develop creative marketing initiatives.
- Host digital live events, channel takeovers, AMAs and other artist-focused activations on Monstercat social media.
Audience acquisition / CRM
- Proactively monitor, listen and respond to fans, acting as our voice and engaging them in conversation via social media.
- Respond to inquiries from comments, private messages, and communities.
- Research and recommend fan marketing tools/software to improve performance and provide UGC solutions.
- Analyze social media post/sentiment performance, report metrics, recommendations to internal divisions and continuously optimize engagement and conversion.
- Work with the eCommerce team to optimize Monstercat’s digital shopping experience through integrations/plugins, and report any inconsistencies in store listings.
- Initiate audience building activations such as contests, giveaways, and UGC campaigns supporting Monstercat and its roster of artists.
Competitor / Industry Research
- Monitor trends in social media tools, apps, channels, design and strategy, and train the marketing team on creative opportunities.
- Recommend new and original platforms for Monstercat to develop a presence inside.
- Write and edit texts for social networks.
- Help grow Monstercat Uncaged brand stories by providing story threads with corresponding social messaging links.
Experience of the ideal candidate:
- 1-3 years of experience managing social media accounts (businesses).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Knowledge of photo/video editing software an asset
- Experience and passion for the music (especially electronic) and video game industry preferred
- Expertise in managing traditional CRM tools (Hootsuite, Sprout Social or similar) essential
- Strong written communication skills are imperative; you are a master storyteller who knows how to make your voice heard by diverse audiences
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to comfortably handle multiple social messaging projects simultaneously
- An enthusiastic team player with a proactive attitude
Requirements as part of the interview process:
- Will request an audit of our existing channels
- Seek a portfolio of their previous work or another demonstration of their creativity and immersion in the social media landscape
Why join Monstercat? We offer the possibility of…
- Work with smart, driven and passionate people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Working at the forefront of musical innovation
- Be creative and strategic
- Get rewarded with more opportunities and semi-annual performance bonuses from the company
- Currently working a flexible workweek from home and our creative, dog-friendly Railtown Vancouver office with freshly brewed coffee, fully stocked kitchen and regular corporate events
- Enjoy a full package of medical and dental benefits
Monstercat is Canada’s largest independent electronic music label. From the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels. We connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans around the world, while pairing music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we have managed to enter the realms of events, apparel and games with distinctive style.
How to register…
On our website, click on “Apply for this job”. To be considered for this role, please include: • Your resume
We serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, Indigenous peoples, people of color, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.