Press Officer (USA)
Annual leave: 15 days PTO
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday)
Location: Remote work / Office
Start date: Immediate start date
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Founded in 2009, Listen Up offers a bespoke range of bespoke radio, club, streaming, online and print promotion campaigns worldwide through our offices in Los Angeles and London. Specializing in electronic, hip hop, R&B and events, we place our clients directly in the spotlight with the experience and know-how to oversee thoughtful, effective and engaging campaigns. With a client list including MK, Black Coffee, Doja Cat, ArrDee, Jamie Jones, Ivorian Doll, The Martinez Brothers and more. Listen Up is now recognized as one of the market leaders in the world of music promotion services.
WHERE YOU WORK:
We are currently recruiting an experienced and well organized individual to join the press team. You’ll be based in our fantastic Sunset Blvd offices with the added bonus of free parking! You should have 1-2 years of experience in a similar environment with a keen interest in electronic music. If you’re looking for a hands-on role that gives you the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of music PR, we might be what you’re looking for.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar environment
- Proven work experience in a similar industry
- Up-to-date knowledge of electronic music and trends
- Strong existing relationships with music journalists and contacts
- Can hit the ground while running with the given list
- A well-organized individual with the ability to prioritize workload and juggle a variety of different tasks
- Keen interest in moving up the corporate ladder
- Proven, well-written press releases
- Confidence in the pitch for new business
- Exceptional management skills
- Positive attitude and solves problems
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, dealing with managers and colleagues in the US and UK
- Adaptable to different working methods
- A true team player – helping out to ensure deadlines are met
KEY FOCUS AREAS OF THE ROLE:
- Develop campaign strategies for client releases
- Develop strong media relations with industry journalists
- Effectively manage relationships with key print and online journalists
- Build relationships with customers
- Attend regular planning meetings with record labels
- Attend regular meetings with new and existing clients
- Comprehensive post-campaign analysis and review of results, including key findings and recommendations for future changes
- Develop strong relationships and relationships with artists and management teams
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US:
We have an open and honest culture within our company, value and listen to our people while maintaining a pleasant work environment, encourage new ideas and provide career progression. Our staff events are legendary and you will join our well-established team where you will receive genuine attention and support from your colleagues and managers.
Benefits – we offer 15 days of PTO, free parking and 401k and health contribution after 90 days of continuous service.
* Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to accommodate all applications, but thank you for your interest in working with us, please keep an eye on our website for any future opportunities .
*Listen Up is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
*We will process your data in accordance with relevant data protection laws.