Application: Please send a CV and a cover letter describing how you meet the criteria for the position to [email protected]
The Media Licensing Manager is responsible for providing national broadcast and online budgets for IMRO and MCPSI.
The successful candidate will manage the business negotiation process for existing and potential media license customers, acting as a key account manager to ensure first-class customer service, delivery of assigned revenue budgets and full compliance for each licensee. of license. The role reports to the Commercial Director. The Media Licensing Manager is a high-level position with significant revenue responsibility.
- Achieve IMRO and MCPSI revenue budgets in national broadcast and online licensing activities to exceed annual targets approved by the Chief Commercial Officer.
- The scope of national broadcast and online revenue lines includes national radio, national television, video-on-demand, cable and satellite customers.
- Support for day-to-day media licensee issues, including (i) licensee meetings and inquiries; (ii) ensure sales and usage reports are received on time and in proper format/quality and that invoices are paid on time.
- Oversee key accounts in all national broadcast and online domestic areas, including building senior-level relationships within IMRO’s most crucial media licensing clients
- Manage the negotiation cycle with Media Licensing clients in order to obtain favorable terms for IMRO; write agendas and internal preparation notes, presentations and analysis prior to licensee meetings, capture meeting minutes and track action points.
- Return current non-compliant licenses to the Business Manager with recommendations on escalation options. This involves strict control of payment terms and levels of indebtedness.
- Maintain existing fares/programs to maximize revenue by ensuring relevant fares are updated annually based on the Consumer Price Index.
- Plan carefully before critical negotiations; work with other IMRO departments (such as IT, finance, operations and distribution) to build the analysis needed to develop proposals and work with stakeholders to ensure buy-in to the approach, by providing recommendations to the Commercial Director.
- In consultation with the Commercial Director, identify and deliver new revenue opportunities through targeted focus of available resources, monitoring of emerging markets (e.g. gaming, podcasting, live streaming) and review licensing regimes.
- Ensure full market penetration across all existing media services available in the Irish market
- Provide high quality market and industry analysis and support the development of underlying analytical frameworks for the ongoing review and development of media licensing tariffs.
- Liaise with relevant third parties regarding the continued provision of services that will benefit Media Licensing
- Maintain a register of media license agreements; ensure license agreements are extended or renegotiated before they expire.
- Contribute to the annual media licensing budgeting process by formulating initial budgets with rationale and rationale.
- Maintain an ongoing media licensing revenue forecast, providing monthly updates throughout the calendar year.
Knowledge and experience
- The job holder must have business experience, negotiation skillsand a clear understanding of media and digital music markets.
- Proven experience in sales and account management and manage complex, high-value negotiations and relationships with customers and key stakeholders
- The job holder requires excellent interpersonal skills, allied with effective verbal and listening skills to enable them to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization. This includes political shrewdness when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, with tact and determination to build consensus with key stakeholders with different perspectives and priorities.
- Deep understanding of market research methods and analysis and demonstrated insight into the rapidly changing commercial uses of music in the Irish market.
- The job holder must have excellent writing and presentation skills. The role will involve writing detailed reports.
- The job holder must have advanced Excel skills and be comfortable with large data sets.
- Managing your workload is key to succeeding in this role; initiative, analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail are essential characteristics that the person occupying this position must possess.
- The willingness and ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure, is essential.
- Degrees in business or related field (may include finance, accounting, law, economics or other related disciplines), knowledge and application of intellectual property.
- Master’s degree or relevant professional qualification desirable.
- Interest in the podcast and gaming sectors would be beneficial.
- Personal direction – takes ownership of decisions and ensures decisions are consistent with legislation, precedents and established policies/procedures.
- Work management – Defines objectives, sets targets and monitors business results. Challenge and help others achieve their goals.
- Communicate effectively – Speaks and writes clearly, ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, tailoring communication to effectively influence target audience.
- Teamwork – Models and inspires high levels of ethics and integrity. Demonstrates an understanding of when/where not to act based on culture and climate.
- Strategic thinking – Be a visionary to define where the company should aim for in the future.
- lead others – sets an example in all interactions with others; exceptional leadership skills are consistently demonstrated.