IDOL is a fully independent digital distributor founded in 2006 with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, London, Paris, Berlin and Johannesburg. Following a very selective approach, IDOL offers a high level of marketing resources and personalized attention to its partners.
The ever-expanding company now has over 60 people and offers comprehensive global digital distribution services to labels such as Erased Tapes, Exceleration, B3SCI Records, Local Action, Moderna Records, Gondwana Records, Kitsuné, Glitterbeat, Acrophase Records, No Format!, HighNote Discs, Record Makers, SRD, Vinyl Factory…
In addition, IDOL offers a range of other services, including international physical distribution through a network of trusted partners.
At the same time, through its technology subsidiary IDOL Tech, IDOL markets its Labelcamp distribution application. The Labelcamp platform is used by some of the most prestigious independent music companies in the world, such as [PIAS]Because, Ditto, Kompakt or Som Livre.
Based in the USA, your main role will be to promote IDOL’s labels and projects within our network of partners in the USA but also in Canada and Latin America: audio streaming services (Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube Music, Pandora, Amazon Music Unlimited…), download platforms (iTunes, Amazon MP3…) and launch creative and innovative release campaigns to achieve commercial objectives.
You will also be responsible for implementing business operations, building deeper partnerships around specific campaigns, and analyzing results to ensure overall revenue on given accounts is maximized.
This position reports to the Retail Marketing Manager based in Paris
- Daily management of commercial relations / negotiations / follow-up with DSP partners
- Analyze and report results (playlist inclusions, audit of target playlists on DSPs, features, special operations, etc.)
- Participate in the improvement of internal tools for the department and other daily tasks (internal process, CRM reports on newsletters, conversion rate etc…)
- Run internal reports to optimize launch strategies in close collaboration with the Retail Marketing Manager and Tag Management team.
- Ensure the constant improvement of the DSP network while maintaining existing contacts.
- Attend concerts frequently and help introduce new music to the rest of the team.
- 3 years minimum experience in the music industry (ideally a background in digital marketing and/or retail)
- Very good knowledge of Digital Access Providers and new uses of music consumption.
- Passionate about music and musical culture, solid knowledge of the independent music scene
- The candidate will be a proven relationship builder, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a flair for negotiation, and be challenge-oriented.
- They will demonstrate an ability to work independently and be highly organized.
- Tag management experience would be considered an advantage.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Permanent contract
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Salary: DOE
- Health insurance contribution
- 401,000 matches
- Paid vacation
- Paid vacation
Location: Los Angeles / Nashville / Remote
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to: [email protected] with the subject of the email as indicated: “IDOL Job Application – Key Account Manager in the United States”