Hospital Records is an independent label based in South London. Mainly releasing drums and bass, the label was launched in 1996 by Tony Colman and Chris Goss, and has grown in recent years to become one of the best-known labels in British dance music.
The label is home to artists such as London Elektricity, Flava D, Metrik, Degs, Nu:Tone, DRS & Dynamite, Fred V, Grafix and Mitekiss, but also releases tracks from a range of other drum & bass artists . From its headquarters in Herne Hill, south London, Hospital also runs the publishing company ‘Songs In The Key Of Knife’ and their global events brand ‘Hospitality’.
As a company, we celebrate diversity and are passionate about the well-being of our colleagues. We’re committed to our team and you’ll be encouraged to put your all into it. As a growing company, we encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, to have new experiences and to learn from the talented people you will work with.
Everyone is welcome at Hospital Records – are you ready to be part of this exciting journey with us? So read on!
We are currently looking for a proactive Legal and Business Affairs Manager to support the Legal and Business Affairs Department of Hospital Records and its Hospitality Brand.
This is a 6-month part-time fixed-term contract with hybrid flexible working time.
The successful candidate will be a motivated starter, with a deep understanding of music copyrights and an eye for detail.
Main responsibilities include:
- Negotiate and draft a series of contracts, including detailed recording and publishing contracts.
- Prepare abbreviated agreements for single track/composition signings, videos, compilation releases, broadcasts and sync, contracts; remix agreements and licenses both in and out and JV agreements.
- Advise and support our finance, creative, copyright and promotional relations teams on a variety of issues, including but not limited to terms of agreements, intellectual property matters, resolution of litigation, deal flow processes, legal and business best practices, and general BA questions
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the music industry or in a music-related business
- Experienced in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, and ideally in licensing intellectual property
- Confident negotiator on a wide range of commercial contracts, team player but also comfortable with a certain degree of autonomy regarding matters falling within his experience.
- Able to communicate terms of agreements to other departments within the company.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- This role will also include a degree of supervision and delegation of work to the Business Affairs Coordinator. Therefore, experience managing/supervising junior members of staff would be an advantage but is not essential.
- The successful candidate should be willing to assist relevant assistants with delegated matters, including checking their work, answering questions, and generally encouraging and advising relevant assistants in addition to the workload specific to this role.
We offer excellent benefits, including:
- Structured integration
- Regular training and personal learning and development plan
- Access to 24/7 Employee/Advisor Assistance Program
- Cycle-work program
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Monthly team building and wellness events.
- Hybrid/flexible work
- Access to our festivals and events
- Salary depends on experience.
Everyone is welcome at Hospital Records and we encourage applications from people regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or family responsibilities. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject ‘Legal & Business Affairs Manager’. Application deadline: June 30, 2022 (please note that we may close the application process earlier if we have received enough applications).
If you have not heard from us within one week of the closing date, please consider that your application has not been accepted on this occasion.