This role may also be located at our campus in Playa Vista, CA.
Note: When applying for this position, you will have the option to share your preferred work location from the following: New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of commercial experience in music publishing and/or music rights licensing.
- Experience discussing musical deals and creating new business opportunities in digital music.
- Experience with key digital publishing rights management issues and trends, including synchronization rights and performance licensing.
- JD and/or MBA.
- Ability to take initiative and build constructive relationships externally and internally, including with management stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and convert complex issues into simple and timely actions.
- Attention to detail, ability to manage and coordinate multiple simultaneous activities.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills, with an ability to operate flexibly in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency or willingness to learn technology concepts, financial models, and product functionality.
You will be part of the YouTube Music team whose goal is to grow labels, publishers, artists and songwriters online, creating successful careers for artists and songwriters and business models for the music industry on YouTube. You will be responsible for ensuring ongoing business development and relationship management with YouTube’s music publishing partners.
You will interact regularly with your counterparts in music publishing companies, facilitating ongoing business and operational processes and identifying and driving mutual business growth opportunities. You will also work closely with internal teams. As Music Publishing Manager, you will build and maintain strategic relationships with our music publishing partners, including leading the discussion of complex licensing and partnership agreements, managing existing publisher partnerships, initiating new relationships, creating new business opportunities, resolving business issues, and analyzing and tracking key metrics to identify trends.
At YouTube, we believe everyone deserves a voice and the world is a better place when we listen, share and build community through our stories. We work together to empower everyone to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with each other in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a common goal of showing people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems and have fun – and we all do it together.
- Discuss complex content licensing deals and strategic distribution deals.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and drive partner-related business processes, including escalation of strategic issues, and update internally/externally product, operational and account changes consistently, and gather feedback from internal stakeholders.
- Generate new partnerships, promote new business opportunities to existing partners and manage existing partnerships to optimize business growth and ensure timely and appropriate resolution of business issues raised by partners.
- Identify long-term business growth opportunities for partner accounts and generate these opportunities internally and externally.
- Work with management to define and launch strategic business initiatives in your assigned market, and define, analyze and communicate key metrics and business trends for VP and C level forums.
Google is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. We also consider qualified candidates regardless of criminal history, in accordance with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need requiring accommodation, please let us know by completing our accommodation form for applicants.