FiXT is looking for a forward-thinking A&R Manager with a passion for discovering and developing artists to join our A&R team.
We are an artist-owned record label, on a mission to empower top talented artists (musicians/bands) to build lasting careers in ways that were previously impossible for them, by putting together a world-class team around them, providing state-of-the-art label services. , and fostering lifelong fan relationships with global audiences.
Responsibilities of this position include supporting our current roster as well as finding new signings, managing production projects, budgets and timelines, sourcing collaborators, delivering masters with credits and supporting documentation , researching emerging trends and promoting the label’s music with internal and external teams. . The position will report to FiXT President/Founder and Head of A&R Klayton (Celldweller) and will work closely with FiXT Vice President and Co-Founder (James Rhodes), as well as FiXT’s Head of Label (Heather Johnson ) and the Director of Operations (Kurtis Redden).
- Act as a key point of contact between internal/external teams and our artists.
- Research new artists to sign or collaborate with and research potential artists for culture, value, and engagement.
- Research and report on emerging trends regarding the mixing of musical genres and production styles.
- Coordinate artist schedules and maintain production timelines, budgets and project documentation/credits.
- Keep full documentation of communication and meeting notes in project management and CRM software.
- Keep active communication with the artist roster with routine check-ins via Discord and Zoom calls.
- Prepare weekly A&R meeting agendas, file preparation and presentation slides/notes for review with A&R team.
- Be an active participant in key team, label, and operations meetings, as well as an advocate for the artist roster at Merch and Sync meetings.
- Leadership: Uphold FiXT’s vision, mission and values, support the FiXT leadership team to collectively lead artists/staff through the growth and evolution of the business while creating/maintaining a culture of positive company.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the music industry.
- Must display an understanding/knowledge of music based on metal, industrial, synthwave and EDM.
- Must have an ear for great songs and production quality.
- Must be self-motivated, trustworthy and demonstrate integrity.
- Must have a positive attitude and be service oriented.
- Must be discretionary and attentive to private/confidential data.
- Ability to prioritize work and work accurately under deadline pressure.
- Tactful, confident and have strong people and communication skills.
- Perseverance and perseverance to achieve goals.
- Proactive learner seeking continuous personal and professional development.
Type of employment: Full time / Salary
- Sick/holiday time (80 hours/reference year)
- Holiday pay (6 paid public holidays observed each year)
- Telemedicine health plan (at no cost to the employee)
- Flex Spending Account (basis employer funded, with option for employee contributions)
- $25,000 employer-paid life insurance policy (at no cost to the employee)
- Long Term Disability Policy (paid by employer, no cost to employee)
- Voluntary dental plan (employee funded by pre-tax payroll deductions)
- Voluntary Vision Plan (employee funded by pre-tax payroll deduction)
- IRA retirement plan with 3% employer matching contribution
FiXT is an internationally acclaimed, artist-owned independent record label with a roster of over 25 innovative and resourceful rock, metal, synthwave and EDM artists, including Celldweller, Scandroid, Fight The Fade, Essenger, The Anix, Fury Weekend, Voicians, Circle of Dust, LeBrock, The Algorithm, Young Medicine and more. FiXT’s catalog of 3,000 titles has garnered billions of online streams connecting to a target audience of gamers, sci-fi enthusiasts, and comic book fans. Founded in 2006 by Klayton (Celldweller/Scandroid), FiXT serves a global fan base of customers in over 130 countries.
FiXT’s music has received over 1,000 film/TV/video game placements including titles such as: Avengers: Endgame, Blade Runner 2049, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Westworld, Power Rangers, Lexus, Suicide Squad , Iron Man, Alien Covenant, Robocop , Jack Reacher, Deadpool, Lucy, Pacific Rim, PubG, Call of Duty, Assassin’s Creed, Dead Rising, UFC, NFL, MLB and more
Company Core Values
Integrity • Passion • Ambition • Excellence • Innovation • Empathy • Humility