Employer: Empawa Africa
Location: London or Accra
Closing: Jan. 23, 2022
Start date: Immediately
Job Title: Global Marketing Manager
Sector of activity: music/technology industry
Type of contract: CDI
Hours: full time
Contact: [email protected]
Our vision and our mission
emPawa Africa is a music label services platform that works with aspiring African artists to help them grow across Africa and beyond by providing them with the necessary knowledge and funding.go
emPawa Africa is the brainchild of African superstar – Mr Eazi and home to amazing artists such as Joeboy, Nandy, DJ Neptune and Namenj
Global Marketing is one of the company’s fastest growing departments and a service artists value most after distribution. We are looking for a forward-thinking music professional with analytical and insightful experience who can lead this department.
You will be responsible for planning and executing our priority artist marketing plans, engaging new audiences across key marketing channels and partnerships to drive fan growth as well as retain and engage existing audiences.
You will be asked to lead certain projects, ensuring a collaborative and fully integrated plan that is delivered on time and within budget.
This is a very exciting position for someone looking to grow with the company and be part of the revolution in the music industry and have a part to play in pioneering music from Africa to worldwide.
Experience is really essential, especially with Afrobeat or British urban music.
Global marketing responsibilities fall into three main areas:
- Innovation: redefining best practices in global marketing, whether it’s experimenting with new formats and technologies or reworking old practices. This also includes putting processes in place to ensure clear communication between teams and artists for a flawless campaign.
- Prioritization: Partner with third parties and local markets to use a specific budget to break emPawa artists into all markets around the world.
- Education: Collaborate with internal teams to ensure the highest possible marketing proficiency across our business
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- You will be the primary relationship manager with a roster of partner artists and labels, creating and delivering campaigns for their releases.
- Plan and execute top notch marketing campaigns for Empawa artists.
- Develop pioneering campaigns that use storytelling to culturally connect with new fans and super fans and increase the artist’s online and offline presence
- Through pre-agreed projects and budgets, drive the project to ensure the delivery of a collaborative and fully integrated plan. Responsibilities include helping the group define key goals and strategies, producing project updates, leading key meetings and, once approved, ensuring the project is delivered on time and on schedule. budget limits.
- Manage relationships with independent PR and promotions agencies to raise our artist’s profile in print, TV and radio
- Create strategic alignment with cross-functional teams, including A&R and Label Services, ensuring effective marketing activity is fully integrated into the overall plan.
- Continuously monitor all Empawa asset channel accounts to capitalize on industry trends via growth strategies – including website and social media.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop and execute DSP opportunities for our artists
- Develop and manage digital marketing budgets and campaigns that drive conversion and sales for every release using analytics, insights, industry, trends, work experience, and best practices .
- Optimize music videos posted on our YouTube channel to grow subscriber base.
- Work with our third parties to develop advertising plans across TV, OOH, radio and digital, including influencer marketing for Tier 1 campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be…
- Passionate about music from the African continent
- A versatile marketer with a top brand or agency that has played a role in shaping the culture
- An excellent communicator with strong influencing skills and experience in conveying ideas and creative plans to internal and external stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of audiences – including demographics, behaviors and media habits.
- A proven track record in developing and executing fully integrated marketing campaigns.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and you have the maturity to bring stability to a difficult situation
- Ability to develop brand strategies using both quantitative and qualitative information.
- Driven by a long-term vision and strategy and ensures that all campaign activities are aligned.
- A solid understanding of social media platforms, especially when it comes to developing an engaged audience
- 5+ years of artist marketing experience in a label environment.
- A strong network of connections in the industry and in the wider music community.
- Lateral experience in musical, marketing or promotional roles that sets you apart from the competition.
- The ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
If you’re feeling excited about becoming a member of our family, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply by sending your CV, cover letter.
Personalize it, we receive hundreds of copy/paste applications! 😊