Domino Publishing Company is seeking a full-time Creative Assistant. We are looking for someone who has great interpersonal skills, is self-directed and has the ability to work in an open group environment. The main purpose of the Creative Assistant is to assist the Creative Synch department and GM-North America.
This person will also be expected to answer the phone, schedule meetings, scan documents, order supplies, and perform other light administrative tasks. Additionally, the Creative Assistant will liaise with the Asset Manager (A&R) to coordinate the ingest of audio recordings/compositions into Domino’s digital delivery service. This will involve uploading music assets, as well as organizing metadata according to the needs of the Creative Synch department. This position reports to the Senior Director – Creative Synch and GM – North America.
Marketing / Creative support (under the direction of our creative department)
- Manage an extensive contact database of film, television, advertising and video game companies as well as other miscellaneous internal databases
- Prepare physical shipments of new releases, vinyl and customer merchandise
- Maintain social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Update Domino Publishing Co website with new sync activity
- Manage customer email invitations for live performances to music supervisors and staff
- Track guest lists, ticket purchase information, and key market tour times
- Organize weekly “New Additions” updates for the creative department to ensure that staff are aware of new music that has been added to the presentation platform
- Coordinate with Domino Publishing Co. A&R department, songwriters and/or their managers
- Assist in retrieving information regarding recent activities (co-writing sessions, album/single releases, touring and marketing plans, etc.)
- Help secure resources (WAV files, instrumental versions, lyrics, etc.)
- Compile “pitch reports” for staff and/or our clients (under the direction of the Managing Director and/or Creative Department)
- Record comprehensive notes and action items on all relevant team calls, both internally and externally
- Organize and coordinate logistics for showcase opportunities and other events
- Update and maintain team calendars (tour dates, release schedule, etc.)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in music publishing or related industry preferred
- Some knowledge of music editing preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Teams, Outlook, Word, etc.) and Google Docs is essential
- Advanced knowledge of iTunes functions (metadata tagging, file format conversion) is required
- Knowledge of Songspace and Disco is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team as well as with other departments/clients
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume that summarizes work and educational background, as well as references to [email protected].
Domino Publishing Company is a new (2006) publishing company that shares ownership and offices with the highly respected Domino Recording Company. We are currently the global publisher or administrator of a diverse list of writers and editors (list available on our website). We are a fast growing company and this is a great opportunity for someone who has great organizational skills, who is self-directed and has the ability to work in an open and creative environment.
Domino is an equal opportunity employer and provides health insurance benefits to full-time employees.