D’Addario & Company is the world’s largest manufacturer and distributor of musical instrument accessories. As a US-based manufacturing company, we pride ourselves on our highly automated machinery and innovative technologies, as well as our commitment to environmentally responsible practices. Through our D’Addario Foundation, we are committed to making music education possible and ensuring that thousands of children can participate in instrumental teaching programs in underserved communities. Most importantly, we are proud of our diverse team of people who are committed to living our core values of Curiosity, Passion, Openness, Family and Responsibility and translate them into action every day.
We are currently looking for an Artist and Influencer Marketing Manager to join our growing, progressive and collaborative work environment. This position would be part of D’Addario’s Global Artist Marketing team for our Global Guitar+ (Strings & Accessories) division and will report directly to the Global Director of Artist Relations. In this role, you will help achieve our goal of positioning D’Addario as an unconventional brand that offers the most cutting-edge and innovative products to guitarists around the world. We will work together to create and execute the go-to-market strategy for Guitar+’s artist and influencer marketing – elevating D’Addario through our engagement across product, marketing, promotions and direct sales to consumers. You will be responsible for continuing D’Addario’s legacy of world-class service, while identifying new growth opportunities for the artists who support these brands and the brands themselves. This position would be a hybrid role and would require the candidate to work on-site in the office approximately 2-3 days per week.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, plus the opportunity to build a career with one of the most reputable organizations in the industry.
- Implement an annual Guitar+ Artist Marketing plan to guide the internal organization in prioritizing, developing and executing ongoing artist-based initiatives.
- Identify key influencers in the Guitar+ space who can amplify our message, make our brand shine and convert sales.
- The focus is on identifying emerging and technically proficient artists and influencers across all relevant genres and styles of music to expand our brands’ existing connections and create lasting industry relationships. The end result being a global network of dedicated brand evangelists.
- Work with artists and bands to create custom products to sell on the road, and through their own online stores and those of their partners (label, merch company, etc.).
- Work closely with social leads to create relevant social posts from artists and influencers on behalf of our priority products and campaigns.
- Collaborate with internal marketing, product and sales teams to ensure effective artist onboarding, communication and engagement. Work closely with all D’Addario functional marketing managers to support the ongoing planning and execution of all marketing activities and requests, in PR, social media, retail, content, events and digital.
- To provide support and service to all Guitar+ artists, including prompt, accurate and professional order support, product information and customer service
- Align artists with D’Addario product launches, marketing campaigns, and initiatives, while creating opportunities for D’Addario to support artists in their efforts to raise awareness, create demand for their music, and grow our community.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience working with artists, directly or indirectly, to successfully develop and execute marketing strategies, build awareness, build community and create demand.
- Strong understanding of D’Addario brands and products and proven ability to drive brand-aligned/artist-focused media promotions, concepts, activations and partnerships to drive earned media awareness, buzz and sentiment.
- A genuine passion and deep understanding of social media and the invaluable role influencers will play in elevating our brand. An understanding of all social channels, their nuances and paid strategies, as well as an inherent understanding of which influencers are best suited for D’Addario.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing strategic plans, focusing on priorities, KPIs, ROI and execution.
- Strong working knowledge of building artists and brands across digital, social media, PR, content, advertising and retail.
- Comfortable negotiating usage rights and clearances with artist management, agents and labels as needed.
- The ability to customize strategies by brand, by country.