Concord is the world’s leading independent developer, management and acquisition of sound recording, music publishing and theatrical performance rights. Concord has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London, Berlin and Miami.
CONCORD MUSIC PUBLISHING represents over 600,000 copyrighted works by the world’s most famous songwriters, composers and lyricists. Covering nearly two centuries of songs, across a wide range of genres and territories, Concord Music Publishing also supports a diverse group of contemporary creators producing important and popular new songs and musical works. Concord Music Publishing is home to the world’s leading classical music publisher, Boosey & Hawkes, and operates exclusive joint ventures with top pop music publisher, Pulse Music Group and Hillary Lindsey’s Hang Your Hat Music.
Concord is looking to employ a full-time paralegal in London for its music publishing division. The role will be to provide legal and commercial support to Concord’s commercial affairs team based in London, focusing primarily on the pop division, but also on the Boosey & Hawkes (classical) and Concord FTV (cinema music) divisions and television). The successful candidate will also be called upon to support other areas of Concord’s music publishing division as needed, particularly in connection with the acquisition of new catalogs of all genres.
- Participate in all aspects of legal and commercial work for Concord FTV, including:
- Gather the documents and information necessary to conclude transactions;
- Summarize new offers and communicate terms with relevant Concord departments;
- Update and maintain spreadsheets to track existing publishing agreements;
- Establish/maintain files and records related to publication matters, including previous agreements;
- Assist with acquisition due diligence and agreement supporting documentation, closing checklists and post-closing matters;
- Assist in the drafting of contract amendments, option exercises, end of term notices/similar.
- Proofread the documents;
- Organize the payment of invoices;
- Primary point of communication for matters between BA and the Copyright Department;
- Help manage the enforcement of Concord’s intellectual property rights;
- Manage and process requests for adaptation and arrangement concerning Concord’s catalogue; and
- Various functions related to commercial affairs, including direct support of the Senior Vice President and Vice President, Commercial Affairs.
- Experience in the entertainment/media industry and/or in commercial contracts (either in-house or in a law firm) with a strong interest in working in the music industry.
- Law degree or equivalent education.
- Someone bright, personable, business-minded, with good organizational and communication skills, excellent attention to detail, the tenacity to follow through, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize a workload. busy and varied work.
- Competitive salary
- Private medical and dental insurance
- 28 days of vacation per year
- Hybrid work schedule
- Competitive pension plan
- Concord Bucks – for concerts and related merchandise
Concord is proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. This means equal opportunity to be hired, promoted or advanced in any way within our company, as well as providing a work environment free from harassment, discrimination or retaliation, based on the race, color, religion, religious belief, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sex (including gender identity and gender expression), age, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law.
Application Details: Please send a CV to our agent Nick Wasserman at Handle Recruitment using the link provided. Please note that all direct applications will be forwarded to Handle for review on our behalf.
All successful applicants will be contacted within 5 working days of application. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not always able to respond directly to everyone, but we will do our best.