CD Baby is an independent artist services platform that allows independent musicians to easily distribute, promote and monetize their distribution platform for independent artists. We allow creators to distribute their music on Spotify, Apple Music, Instagram, YouTube, Amazon Music, Pandora, Facebook,ICT Tac, and over 150 other platforms worldwide. We manage the largest catalog of independent sound recordings in the music industry and have paid nearly $1 billion in revenue to independent artists since our inception over 20 years ago. We are also growing rapidly and are looking for new CD Babies to join our team!
CD Baby is looking for an experienced Paid Media Specialist to join its marketing team. This role will design and execute tactics based on marketing strategies on digital advertising channels. The ideal candidate has experience managing various advertising budgets, executing campaigns focused on brand awareness and benefits, and developing channel tactics based on marketing funnel needs. This requires an acute ability to react to opportunities and threats in real time. You will work collaboratively with content creators and other marketing channel owners to plan, execute, analyze and iterate ideas that move potential customers forward through the CD Baby marketing funnel. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, naturally curious, an excellent communicator, and has a proven track record of delivering digital marketing results to support business KPI goals.
what you will do
- Own tactical development, direction and execution of digital advertising across all platforms that contribute to marketing KPI objectives
- Identify content development opportunities and make campaign recommendations based on channel performance
- Create and execute campaigns in collaboration with designers, writers and strategists
- Compile PPC, programmatic and social reports and suggest digestible narratives to various stakeholders
- Actively measure and run A/B split tests for ad content, landing pages, audiences, KPIs, creatives, etc., to ensure optimal campaign performance
- Perform thorough keyword research and analysis, then perform necessary optimizations
- Configure and maintain conversion tracking, retargeting pixels and other substantial marketing KPIs in Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Oversee the development of landing pages to better achieve and address specific marketing objectives
- Manage budget across all digital advertising channels and make recommendations to achieve business goals
- Advise and consult partner agencies and suppliers
- Keep up to date with paid advertising trends, opportunities and threats and make recommendations
- Collaborate with Marketing Directors and other CD Baby teams to uncover key audience insights and build a database of relevant search terms, demographic profiles and other actionable information about target audiences
What we are looking for in you
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities
- 5+ years of paid digital advertising experience in agency or in-house
- Current blueprint, Google Ads and Analytics certifications
- Mastery of Google Tag Manager, Google Ads, Facebook, Programmatic DSPs, YouTube and Microsoft AdsWord, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to distill metrics and advertising data into actionable insights that support clear recommendations
- History of consistently meeting deadlines and meeting colleagues’ expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or communication or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to synthesize ideas and streamline plans in a clear and compelling manner
- Experience with cloud marketing automation (Hubspot), WordPress, interstitials and SEO skills
- Experience working with artists or in the music industry
- Experience with other forms of traditional advertising
- Writing skills are always a plus
- Hours are flexible, but generally 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Currently fully remote due to COVID-19, but will switch to hybrid model in the future
- The dress code is “casual music industry”
CAREER DEVELOPMENT / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, CD Baby does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of gender, age, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, genetic information, seniority. status or disability.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
CD Baby is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to the success of the company and are valued for their unique skills, experience and perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and in the way we conduct our business. This is an important principle of sound business management.
It is Company policy not to discriminate against qualified persons with disabilities with respect to application procedures, hiring, advancement, termination, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions, and privileges. ‘use.
Anyone who can be reasonably accommodated for employment, without undue hardship, will receive the same consideration for that position as any other applicant. The staff team is responsible for implementing this policy, including addressing issues of reasonable accommodation, safety and undue hardship.