Baby CDs, “By artists, for artists”. We enable independent creators to monetize and distribute their music on Spotify, Apple Music, Instagram, YouTube, Amazon Music, Pandora, Facebook, TikTok and over 150 other platforms worldwide.
Home to over one million artists and 9 million tracks, CD Baby has paid out over $1 billion in artist royalties since its inception in 1998. We give emerging, niche and amateur musicians everything they need to distribute, publish, promote and monetize their music worldwide. Our expert guidance simplifies and streamlines the complexities of global music distribution through tools, partnerships, education, and over 20 years of community building and advocacy. Our comprehensive artist services platform connects independent artists to new audiences and revenue streams so they can enjoy creative autonomy and thrive on their own terms. Founded and run by artists for artists, CD Baby exists to make success in the world of music accessible to everyone.
CD Baby is looking for a Digital Designer to help create savvy design solutions to help our evolving brands bring ideas to life and set trends that shape the future of music distribution. You are a very visual thinker and communicator. Your portfolio includes several examples of solid graphic design: layouts and composition, typography, interface and/or user interface and branding, which demonstrates a solid understanding of the latest digital trends and emerging technologies. You are proactive and creative while adopting a collaborative attitude that fits well in a team environment.
Preferred applicants will be located in the Portland, Oregon metro area. While this position is remotely accessible, you must be available to work during core team business hours in the Pacific Time Zone.
what you will do
- Design and design of internal marketing materials including: email images and layouts, mobile and desktop website layouts, digital advertising, social media campaigns, trade show materials and other branding projects various as needed
- Work with the Marketing team and Associate Art Director refine the artistic direction of the content of digital campaigns; help create stories and develop unique and fashionable designs
- Work with the Associate Art Director to create compelling UX and UI, as well as establish brand guidelines, content strategy and art direction
- Be free of ego, but also have a strong point of view that enjoys collaboration in a team environment
Who are you
- Minimum of 4-6 years of interaction/visual design experience on a variety of digital media
- Experience working on a range of brands
- Excellent understanding and proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite. Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign is required
- Exceptional design aesthetic and typographic skills, evidenced by a portfolio that demonstrates your ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex and interactive design concepts
- Experience in After Effects and video editing is a strong asset for this role
- Other skills and experience relevant to this role: Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, HTML/CSS/Java/Wordpress, Figma/Adobe XD, print design process and file management. Please note: All are beneficial, none are required
- Digital agency experience is a plus, but not required
- Hours are flexible depending on time zone, but generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Pacific), Monday through Friday
- Currently fully remote due to COVID-19, but will switch to hybrid model in the future
- Work at a desk (80%)
- Work in a group environment (20%)
- The dress code is “casual music industry”