As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all its forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you are good at what you do, come as you are.
All BMG applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, origin ethnicity or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalog, including the 1992 single “Come As You Are”.
Senior Manager, Digital Advertising
Your mission at BMG.
BMG’s digital team continues to grow, evolve and innovate in digital marketing, streaming, news and analytics and business development. Globally aligned but present in all areas of the business, BMG digital offers a different dynamic to team members, inviting them to help shape an international system and share innovation and skills.
Most importantly, BMG Digital fundamentally believes in BMG’s core values of fairness, transparency and service to artists, delivered worldwide.
Our mission is to be the best digital partner for artists, delivering service, innovation, education and creativity across the enterprise.
In this role, you will be a central function for digital advertising in the United States, working on projects from new and catalog records and contributing to special projects in BMG’s new business interests. You will plan and execute digital advertising and manage BMG advertising accounts and relationships, working with digital marketing teams. A forward-thinking and strategic approach to advertising is essential, along with strong organizational and technical skills.
- You have an interest in digital marketing and innovation.
- You are comfortable working in a team and are autonomous.
- Your time management skills allow you to easily meet deadlines.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow multiple concurrent projects to completion.
What you will do.
- Run digital ad campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google Display, Google Search, TikTok, Snapchat and more
- Directly manage business leaders and campaigns and maintain an organized system and work structure, with responsibility for managing these accounts
- Work with digital marketing teams to find the right digital advertising solutions
- Provide flexible and artist-friendly advertising solutions in line with BMG’s core values of fairness, transparency and service
- Work on campaigns for Frontline (New York, Los Angeles, Nashville, Rise Records, RBC, etc.) and catalog recordings
- Manage advertising relationships with partners like Facebook, Google, and TikTok, keeping up to date with changes and updates
- Effectively act as an advertising “hub” for digital marketing teams and set up an easy-to-use application process for teams
- To provide education and innovation to the entire digital enterprise in the field of digital advertising
- Cooperate with accounting and finance system and structures to ensure clarity
- Provide reports on all digital advertising campaigns, during and after campaigns
- Provide optimization feedback to stakeholders throughout a campaign
- Create and manage an effective and scalable reporting system, provide holistic enterprise-wide reporting and measure extensive benchmarking and KPIs
- Work on best practices for a digital advertising system, including cookieless solutions, data capture, tools and innovation
- Find ways to track, corroborate, and correlate ad data with conversion, streaming, and sales data
- Keep BMG’s digital advertising online or ahead of competitors in the space
- Hands-on experience in digital media campaigning and planning in the media and entertainment industry.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads and other advertising platforms, with the ability to learn new platforms quickly.
- A desire to innovate in digital advertising and stay abreast of trends and changes
- Fluent in English
- Extremely organized and structured worker
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters get the most out of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms, and work hard to maximize the value of every copyright, ensuring that all of our clients receive all payments quickly and accurately. We are not a technology company, although we use the best technology. We’re not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company focused on service, transparency and fairness and is committed to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and all who work with us.
What’s in it for you.
- Robust medical/dental/vision packages
- Flexible leave
- $500 fitness reimbursement
- Various opportunities for personal and professional development, including training and access to Lynda.com
- Dollar for dollar up to 6% in 401(k) after your first year with the company
- A fun and respectful community of people passionate about music
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
BMG – founded in 2008 – is the world’s fourth-largest music company, the first new global music player in the streaming era, and both a record label and music publisher. Named one of the 2020 World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – an unrelenting focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices in 12 major music markets now represent more than three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s New Approach Includes Music, Film, Book Production, Artist Management, Merchandise, Neighboring Rights, and Live Music Publishing and Recordings on the Same Service Platform . BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include broadcaster RTL Group, specialist book publisher Penguin Random House and magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its cross-platform perspective, integrated technology platform, and commitment to helping artists maximize their revenue, BMG aims to be the best music company to do business with. www.bmg.com