A new music company for Mexico
BMG is opening a new hub in Latin America in Mexico and we are looking to strengthen our team. As the first new international music company in the streaming era, we do things a little differently – putting the interests of artists and songwriters at the heart of everything we do.
Representing the work of music legends such as Tina Turner, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, Mötley Crüe, Roger Waters, Bryan Adams and Carlos Santana as well as DJ Khaled, Juice WRLD and thousands more, we aim to offer the most modern, efficient, fair and transparent service to artists and songwriters.
We are looking for :
Senior Manager, Synchronized Licensing
Your mission at BMG.
Your primary mission is to negotiate sync license quotes/terms and facilitate sync clearances with music clearance contacts, advertising agencies, music supervisors, production companies, TV networks and various other licensed customers.
You will optimize sync opportunities to the best of your ability after obtaining necessary approvals for writers/artists and/or BMG Affiliates.
In this exciting new position, you will regularly collaborate with A&R, Recorded Music, Copyright, Legal & Business Affairs, as well as your International Synch colleagues, while keeping internal and external contacts informed of synch activity.
You will also close the synchronization license process, negotiate language issues in license agreements in accordance with BMG standards/guidelines, collect synchronization fee payments and execute synchronization license agreements.
What you will do.
- Respond to and/or process synchronization requests from third party licensees and/or BMG Affiliates (if applicable) primarily in the categories of Advertising, TV and Promotions, Movies and Trailers, Games, new media, the Internet and other audiovisual media
- Identify BMG’s ownership control over applicable copyrights/registrations; interpret internal contracts to determine synchronization license approval restrictions; discuss with the approving party or BMG’s international synchronization subsidiary to communicate usage details, rights and fees requested and obtain approval, if any, before offering a quote
- Resolve complications as they arise (ownership issues and disputes shared with Copyright/Creative Admin, changes in terms/use, unclear contract language and approval restrictions with Business & Legal Affairs); liaise with internal BMG Creative Synchro/Synch Marketing team as required
- Determine appropriate quotes for synchronization uses based on licensing history, discussions with licensee client, and approval/specifications of writer and/or artist client or affiliate of BMG international synchronization
- Issue licenses/amendments/addenda and invoices, ensuring all information is online from quote to confirmation/license request
- Skilled in handling licensee’s legal feedback, addressing their concerns and issues accordingly while following legal guidelines and templates in a timely manner
- Obtain fully executed licenses to complete the transaction, complete the process, ensure all documentation is clearly accessible to all who see the entry in BMG systems
- Sync revenue tracking and recovery management
- Liaise with business and legal affairs to maintain and update various synchronization contract templates
- You have significant experience within Synchro Licensing, ideally within a music publisher, record label, music distribution company, production company, film studio /television, network, music supervisor or similar organization
- You have a love for music and how it intersects with various media
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to juggle and prioritize a high volume of tasks.
- You have a strong desire to learn, grow and thrive within a dynamic and team-oriented department.
- You enjoy working in an environment with varied personalities and priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (written and oral)
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, mainly Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is a plus, but not essential.
What’s in it for you.
- Part of a successful and dynamic global Synch team
- Join a growing company with a remarkable recorded and editorial repertoire
- BMG’s unique culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century work environment, collaborative and flexible work
- A commitment to helping team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- Headspace Subscription
- A fun and respectful community of people passionate about music
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters get the most out of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms, and work hard to maximize the value of every copyright, ensuring that all of our clients receive all payments quickly and accurately. We are not a technology company, although we use the best technology. We’re not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company focused on service, transparency and fairness and is committed to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and all who work with us.
Come as you are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all its forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you are good at what you do, come as you are.
All BMG applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.* BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalog, including the single “Come As You Are” from 1992.
**Please note that we ask that applications be submitted in English. Applications submitted in another language will not be considered.**