A new music company for Mexico
BMG is opening a new hub in Latin America in Mexico and we are looking to strengthen our team. As the first new international music company in the streaming era, we do things a little differently – putting the interests of artists and songwriters at the heart of everything we do.
Representing the work of music legends such as Tina Turner, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, Mötley Crüe, Roger Waters, Bryan Adams and Carlos Santana as well as DJ Khaled, Juice WRLD and thousands more, we aim to offer the most modern, efficient, fair and transparent service to artists and songwriters.
We are looking for :
Managing Director, Mexico
Your mission at BMG.
You will be responsible for setting up the operations of BMG Mexico and the HUB for Latin America. You will develop local talent and acquire catalogs in publishing and recording while interacting with BMG’s global network of artists and writers and colleagues.
What you will do.
- Building the Mexican business within the BMG global framework
- Build domestic artist roster in publishing and recorded music
- Oversee and manage local catalog acquisitions
- Build strong relationships with artist managers, artists and BMG Mexico partners
- Summarize recommended actions for superiors
- Recognize new trends in the media world and adapt them to our business
- Build a forward-thinking local music team structure within an international matrix structure
- Oversee the creative/commercial process and decisions for BMG Mexico
- Attend and support live shows, creative actions and scouting
- You have already gained relevant experience in a similar role in the music, entertainment and/or media industry and have a solid understanding of the music value chain as well as in-depth knowledge of the music industry. relevant/popular music and artists in Latin America. American market.
- As a good communicator, you know how to work with internal and external stakeholders. Collaborating with international teams is an important part of your job. You are entrepreneurial and strive to create a respectful and collegial work environment to maximize success.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment and have previous experience in building a business as well as creating and building a new division/department. You enjoy juggling a high volume of tasks and setting priorities
- Fluency in English and Spanish (written and oral).
- A degree in business, music, media, or a related field, including work experience in the music industry, is a plus, but not essential.
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters get the most out of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms, and work hard to maximize the value of every copyright, ensuring that all of our clients receive all payments quickly and accurately. We are not a technology company, although we use the best technology. We’re not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company focused on service, transparency and fairness and is committed to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and all who work with us.
Come as you are.
As Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all its forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you are good at what you do, come as you are.
All BMG applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.* BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalog, including the single “Come As You Are” from 1992.
**Please note that we ask that applications be submitted in English. Applications submitted in another language will not be considered.**