Come as you are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all its forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you are good at what you do, come as you are.
All BMG applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.
BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalog, including the 1992 single “Come As You Are.”
We are hiring! We are looking for a Label Manager to join our Records team at our Sydney office!
BMG is Australia’s fastest growing music company and is proud to be the first music company in history to be named to the Australian Financial Review’s list of Most Innovative Companies and the of the best places to work in 2022. Come work with an amazing roster of artists including Dope Lemon, Chet Faker, Julia Stone, Peking Duk, Daniel Johns, Ladyhawke, Winston Surfshirt, Dune Rats, CHAII and Hockey Dad.
YOUR MISSION AT BMG:
Working within the dynamic team at BMG Australian Records, you will oversee the planning and delivery of physical and digital releases and contribute to local and international sales and marketing campaigns. You will have great attention to detail and an exceptional ability to prioritize projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Oversee the planning of physical and digital releases. Key attention to gathering assets, managing the release schedule, internal and external communication and meeting deadlines. Serve as key contact for internal production teams, external manufacturing and distribution partners.
- Manage the physical production of products, ensuring that assets are delivered according to specifications and on time. If necessary, check audio, gather notes on covers, track listings, label copy, credits, etc. Oversee available stock, new orders, shipping and delivery with manufacturing and distribution partners.
- Manage the collection, delivery, download, ingest and optimization of digital assets as well as storage, and oversee metadata to ensure releases are delivered according to required specifications and on time.
- Monitor campaign budgets with a clear understanding of project P&Ls.
- Collaborate with internal departments including operations, production, sales, marketing and finance to ensure that all customer business needs are met.
- Continually seek to evolve processes, structure, products and campaigns. Identify potential campaign issues and proactively resolve and engage appropriate team members.
- Collaborate on priority elements of the release campaign, from inception through post-release analysis, and contribute to every part of the process.
- Support sales and marketing teams with the necessary tools and assets and to pitch and sell releases with maximum impact.
- Collect and distribute active campaign updates including sales figures, promotion results and other ANZ specific data to the entire team on a weekly basis
- Manage all consignments/gifts/mailings of goods to the company and customers
- A keen interest in physical music products, manufacturing, trends, marketing and campaigns
- Excellent written and oral communication and attention to detail.
- Self-starter, able to work under minimal direction and prioritize workload.
- A proactive, resourceful, detail-oriented, and persistent multitasker
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under deadline pressure
- Manage varied projects and expectations and maintain precise focus while controlling competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- Strong eye for detail, organization and design aesthetics
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings industry in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a consistent focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices in 12 major music markets now represent more than 3 million songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are drawn to its new approach which now includes the production of music, films and books as well as the publishing and recording of music.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include broadcaster RTL Group, specialist book publisher Penguin Random House and magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its cross-platform perspective, integrated technology platform, and commitment to helping artists maximize their revenue, BMG aims to be the best music company to do business with.