Events and Careers Assistant
Contract Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (some evening work is required during introductory and teaching weeks).
About the BIMM Institute
With over 35 years of experience helping students launch successful careers in music, film and the performing arts and located in some of Europe’s most creative cities – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham. The BIMM Institute is proud to be the largest and most important provider of creative arts education in Europe.
We offer a wide range of higher and further education courses in popular music, performing arts, film and screen – including BA (Hons) / BMus degrees, diplomas and MAs nationally accredited. Our professional, highly professional and real-world courses include studies in music performance, performing arts, songwriting, music production, music business, event management, music marketing, media and communication, film and screen.
You will be part of an active and dynamic team that offers a wide range of career development and extracurricular opportunities for students studying in all courses and taking place throughout the academic year.
You will support the Artist Development and Events Manager and the Industry and Careers Liaison Manager to deliver projects, experiences and events through assigned duties and administrative tasks. You will be comfortable working with data, confident in responding to demands from a wide range of stakeholders and expected to be creative in finding new solutions to challenges.
You will provide valuable administrative input to the pre-production and day-to-day management of major events, external masterclasses, showcases, graduation ceremonies and career conventions. You will also be responsible for the daily management of selected on-campus masterclasses where you will welcome our external guests and facilitate the smooth running of the event.
Good communication, planning, organization and time management skills are essential as you will need to manage your own time as well as work in a team.
- Recent experience working with music industry professionals / working as a music industry professional
- Awareness of current and emerging trends in the music industry
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders within BIMM and the wider music industry
- Computer skills, especially Microsoft Office 365
- Experience using social media as a promotional platform
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A degree in a creative industry field
- Experience using video cameras and video editing software
- Experience and understanding of working in an educational environment
- Assist with pre-production of masterclasses and events, including but not limited to scheduling, liaising with guests and artists, ticketing/student registration, equipment rental, reservations venues, staff and crew coordination, and artist auditions/selection.
- Assist in day-to-day management of external events and masterclasses, including but not limited to venue loading, venue setup, sound check, catering, venue liaison, interacting with students, guest and performer liaison, and crew staff and management.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of selected on-campus masterclasses, including room setup, guest liaison, team management, student registration, and introductory/welcome duties ( if applicable).
- Undertake actions and responsibilities as defined in the risk assessments to ensure that all masterclasses and events, internal and external to campus, are delivered safely.
- To upload student engagement data related to BIMM careers, artist development, masterclasses and event activities into the student records management system.
- To complete the initial proposal stage of the External Guest Form for Prevent Duty purposes.
- Post to BIMM social media accounts during masterclass events and capture videos/photos for use by BIMM Communications Coordinator and Marketing team.
- Coordinate the onboarding of Artist Development and Career Advisors
- Manage student booking portal for career and artist development tutorials
Note: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this position. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties in accordance with the nature of the position, as indicated and agreed with the Artist Development and Events Manager and the College Director.
We are committed to building a culture of inclusivity within BIMM Institute, to truly represent the diversity of our students and the creative industries, both in what we teach and in the way we work.
We encourage applications from people of color who are underrepresented in our employee community.
All positions are subject to Right to Work and DBS checks.