As a Marketing Assistant at AWAL, you will work closely with the US marketing team to help set up, execute and deliver innovative, industry-leading marketing campaigns. You will work closely with the team to provide planning support, project management and help oversee global marketing campaigns.
Additional responsibilities will include administrative support, asset management, release planning, weekly reporting, invoice processing and creation of marketing materials. You manage cross-communication with the Commerce, Promotions, Audience Development, Sync, Brand Partnership and Advertising teams. You are a motivated strategic thinker; detail-oriented and organized with a proven ability to multi-task and who wants to grow into a marketing role within the music industry.
AWAL revolutionized the recording industry by putting the creator at the center of everything we do and transforming the way artists release music. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a comprehensive global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their career. This created a high-quality pathway for artists to succeed while retaining ownership of their masters. Major artists who have already chosen AWAL include Lauv, FINNEAS, Dayglow, JVKE, Gus Dapperton, girl in red, Cold War Kids, Little Simz, khai dreams and many more.
AWAL currently has over 150 people in 10 offices and we continue to grow. That’s where you come in. If you think the fast-paced and rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you, share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the best addition to our successful team.
WHAT DOES A MARKETING ASSISTANT DO AT AWAL?
- Support the US Artist Marketing team in all areas
- Create and send weekly marketing reports, spreadsheets and sales sheets
- Manage artist assets and coordinate release schedule
- Attend team and artist meetings and circulate meeting notes
- Liaise with other AWAL departments on artist marketing campaigns
- Oversee US tour guest lists and ticket purchases
- Provide administrative support to Artist Marketing Co-Heads
- Additional department support, including coordinating team meetings and welcoming visitors.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in an entertainment role or internship
- Previous experience in a record label, management company or agency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Music Connect, Mediabase, Chartmetric and other industry information systems
- Design experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
AWAL is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.