Is electronic dance music your greatest passion in life? Does the prospect of organizing and planning get your heart pumping?
Are you ready to join the ranks of the biggest independent dance music label in the world? If your answer to all of these questions is a firm “YES”, you will fit in here at Armada Music. And as fate would have it, we have just the job offer for you!
Head of Streaming and Promotions, USA
Our new Head of Streaming and Promotions, USA will be part of the New York team at Armada Music. They will play a critical role in managing and developing relationships with DSP labels and radio contacts in the United States, addressing priorities and expanding the company’s promotions network. They will work closely with our digital team at the Amsterdam HQ and there will be some overlap with our UK office based in London. In the United States, they will work closely with the United States General Manager, United States Marketing Director, United States A&R Managers, and United States Radio Promoters.
What are you going to do (exactly)?
Dissemination and preservation:
- You will lead our DSP relationships with US-based editorial and label teams at priority partners such as Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music and YouTube;
- You will brief editorial and label teams on developments on ongoing priority campaigns with the aim of securing additional editorial support – you will be expected to select key and relevant highlights from your own knowledge of priority releases and the
- Updating products and marketing – and presenting them appropriately;
- You’ll send priority releases to publishers in their preferred format before publication so they’ll be through them for launch;
- You will document, analyze and report regular updates on global campaigns to the wider Armada team, label partners and managing partners;
- You will liaise with the marketing team on revamping releases showing positive signs of growth, working to develop strategies for growth through expert editorial support.
- You will seek on-platform opportunities to leverage our catalog through DSP partners;
- You will own and grow our relationships with third-party playlists and their curators to build our network and ultimately grow our streams;
- You will develop our database and relationships with major YouTube channels where there are notable placement opportunities for our music;
- You will own our editorial relationship in the United States with major social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram for the promotion of our frontline (current) and catalog music, seeking to increase our reach and conversion across all platforms ;
- You will research and execute new and effective promotional opportunities for our frontline and catalog releases.
- You will coordinate national and regional radio broadcast of Armada releases in the United States, working closely with Armada radio promoters.
- You will develop and maintain our database of regional radio promotions and ensure that we serve all relevant shows, networks and broadcast opportunities;
- You will build and maintain relationships with key shows, DJs and producers by visiting events and (radio) shows.
- You will extract radio monitoring reports and summarize them in an easily readable format and distribute them to the A&R and Product/Marketing teams.
- You will showcase our artists and releases for key opportunities such as guest mixes, attendance at key broadcast events and interviews;
Who is the person we are looking for?
- You are extremely passionate about electronic dance music;
- You have a first experience in the music industry, ideally within a record company, a DSP or a radio station;
- You have a solid understanding of streaming platforms; how they work; their editorial playlists and back-end systems;
- You have in-depth knowledge of the American radio landscape; key shows, popular genres and styles; key contacts in outlets and editorial guidelines;
- You are well connected to the radio and DSP landscape of the United States;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- You like to work in close collaboration with the different departments of the company to obtain results quickly;
- You are inventive and creative and you enjoy solving problems;
- You are confident and team-oriented, ready to get involved in a wide range of tasks that support the label and its artists.
What are we going to give you in return?
At Armada Music, you pursue your passion internationally. In an inspiring and musical environment, you will bump fists with a young and dynamic team of competent collaborators, both during office hours and at the aperitif on Friday afternoon. We also offer a monthly salary commensurate with your age and experience, medical coverage and other favorable secondary working conditions.
Please keep in mind that this position is in our office in New York. Therefore, we prefer candidates who live in or around this beautiful city within a reasonable distance from our office.
Does this sound like your dream job? To apply, please use the link on our website to apply and submit your CV and cover letter. We are impatient to meet you!
ABOUT ARMADA MUSIC
Armada Music is the largest independent dance music label in the world, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (headquarters), London and New York (satellite offices). Founded in 2003, Armada Music represents labels and artists across the spectrum of electronic music, including Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, ARTY, Brando, Cat Dealers, Eelke Kleijn, Ferry Corsten, Loud Luxury, Morgan Page, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano, Tensnake and more.