There’s a reason “struggling artist” is such a well-known term. At Applause, we’re changing that. Spurred on by the devastation caused by the pandemic, we are building a new medium for creators and fans to foster a long-term community through highly entertaining, live, two-way interaction. Applause lets creators and their fans have fun and connect more deeply than ever before; as a result, creators make far more money than on any other platform.
We’ve only recently launched, but thousands of fans have already participated in events on Applause – events that have brought tears of joy to fans’ eyes and smiles to the faces of musicians, comedians and other creators.
Our mission is to enable creators and fans to thrive through direct connection with each other, both during the pandemic and far beyond.
Applause is looking for a Content and Social Media Manager who understands the power of compelling content and social media – not only to grow and scale a business, but more importantly, as a critical way to create a community. As Applause’s Content Manager and Social Media Manager, you’ll be responsible for delivering the overall message that represents Applause to the creators and fans you’ll engage with frequently.
You will play a key role in helping the Applause marketing team achieve its goals of building a community around Applause creators and their fans, growing adoption, and increasing engagement. You will be responsible for the necessary resources and the strategy that will best serve Applause. You will be expected to lead and execute the most effective overall social strategy while continuously iterating on this process based on data-driven results.
You will work closely with the company’s marketing team, as well as artist relations, product team, and Applause co-founders to influence the company’s growth strategy as a whole. The right person for this role has experience working in music, entertainment and/or startups, organically growing social media, and a proven track record of creating compelling content (on social media, email, SEO and other channels).
- Build a community around Applause creators and their fans through relevant, original, high-quality content and hands-on engagement
- Make sure all content is on-brand, consistent in style, quality and tone of voice. This content includes a variety of formats (photo, Reels, TikToks, written, etc.) across a variety of channels (eg, social media, blog, email, etc.)
- Manage Applause’s social media presence, including content planning, content creation, data analysis, and reporting
- Define and execute Applause’s messaging strategy (via HubSpot) for creators and fans with a deep understanding of the user journey and critical touchpoints
- Create and manage the Applause blog, including editorial calendar, writing articles, managing freelance writers, and supporting content partnership opportunities based on keyword analysis and SEO performance
- Develop and execute unique and compelling thought leadership content to attract new artists and fans, convert leads and increase brand awareness
- Measure and evaluate the success of our content strategy across all channels, reporting results regularly and evolving the strategy based on KPIs.
- Maintain the Applause Help Center, ensuring help articles are up-to-date, easy to follow, and discoverable
- Support broader marketing and sales efforts as needed to drive user acquisition and retention through asset building and website development
- 3-5+ years in a consumer-focused music or music/technology company
- 3+ years of experience in social media management, content creation and community building
- Proven track record in building community and organic social media growth
- Ability to identify social trends and implement unique and creative content around them
- A true music and pop culture lover who has his finger on the pulse of all things music, including regular attendance at music events
- Thorough knowledge of all social platforms as well as music streaming platforms like Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music and Amazon
- Excellent writer who can capture the voice of the brand with fun, humor and wit, and who knows and can communicate with our user/customer
- Experience leveraging paid ads to drive social following and engagement
- Ability to understand the core of a brand and bring it to life across all social channels
- Excellent eye for design and creating/editing comfortable content, including video
- Comfortable working remotely and in the corporate office in Los Angeles