Product Manager – Anjunabeats
Band involved (Anjunabeats & Anjunadeep)
Location: Bermondsey, London, UK (we only accept UK-based applicants for this position)
Salary on request, depending on experience
With a storied 20-year history, Anjunabeats remains one of the world’s most beloved independent dance labels. We seek to grow our product management division, working with some of the most eclectic and exciting musicians and bringing their artistic vision to life.
Working from our London office, a short walk from London Bridge station, you’ll join a rapidly growing family of 40 creative, young-at-heart music fanatics who enjoy immersing themselves in all aspects of the industry and of culture – whether it’s attending concerts, meeting like-minded professionals or playing big records on the office stereo system.
You will join a label that has been at the forefront of the dance music world for 20 years. What started as a college project for Above & Beyond has grown into a global enterprise encompassing all aspects of the modern music industry, and you’ll help develop the sound further.
As part of the Anjunabeats team, you’ll support projects for leaders in trance, progressive space and dance, working with established star artists to develop exciting talent. The list includes pioneering talents like Ilan Bluestone, Andrew Bayer, Mat Zo, Trance Wax, Grum, Nourey and of course Above & Beyond.
KEY ASPECTS OF THE ROLE
You understand the core values of the Anjunabeats sound and the presentation of our musicians. Work directly with key talent as they market their music, develop their identity and nurture their fan base.
You’ll work as part of a team that continues to revolutionize the sound of dance music, from trance and progressive flavors of festivals, to techno warehouse raves and even the odd ambient album.
You will have an understanding of our rich 20 year history; our artists, stories, sounds and highlights.
- Supervise and represent the acts entrusted to you
- Oversee, manage and deliver assets to all relevant teams, both internal and external, and adhere to strict release deadlines for nominated artists
- Initiate, plan and coordinate all aspects of marketing campaigns for upcoming releases on designated artists and projects
- Efficiently handle all production supply chain queries to ensure there is no impact on release dates
- Efficiently deal with queries, reporting up for help when needed.
- Coordinate artist/project activities around record releases (press, tools, campaigns, publicity, etc.).
- Ensure all information is communicated accurately to all departments regarding strategy, release plans, changes, developments, etc.
- Manage all aspects of product development and marketing from concept to completion of given projects, working effectively and in a timely manner with internal and external teams
- Strong and consistent delivery of digital products, tools and marketing.
- Analyze, generate and distribute analytical project information to all relevant teams, including project updates to all sales teams
- Write sales notes and press releases
- Ability to create and coordinate necessary marketing materials, tools and information and ensure their distribution to relevant parties
- Initiate, plan and coordinate marketing campaigns in collaboration with the marketing team for upcoming releases on designated artists and projects.
- Notify the art department and content creators of publishing resources
- Analyze and disseminate weekly sales information, identify trends and communicate them to the entire team
- Coordination and monitoring of third-party marketing agencies
- Generate and document marketing ideas with the marketing team
- Passion for dance music.
- Marketing experience in the music industry
- Good communication skills.
- A team player with creative ideas and solutions.
- Business oriented and highly motivated, disciplined and organized with excellent time management skills.
- Desire and ability to lead projects – from start to finish.
- Flexible and able to juggle responsibilities.
- Comfortable working under pressure and with a fast-paced, rapidly changing work list.
- Strong understanding of analyzing data and insights to deliver intelligent marketing opportunities and support decision making.
- Understanding of new music platforms and the best approach for each to maximize opportunities.
- Positive, proactive and pragmatic approach to any situation. Able to handle issues as they arise.
- Knowledge of current music and market trends.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Willing to travel internationally as needed.
- At least 2 years of experience within a record label or distribution
- Good experience in developing artist plans and strategies
- Good understanding and knowledge of Anjuna’s catalog and repertoire
- Knowledge of the international market and its evolution
- Good understanding of social channels, media opportunities and ad formats
- Good presentation skills
- Good understanding of consumer insights and segmentation practices.
- Good skills in common software (e.g. MS Office / Keynote / Photoshop / etc.)
What else do we offer?
- Participation in the Profit Sharing Policy (PSP)
- Minimum 20 days annual leave which increases with service, plus 3 days between Christmas and New Years
- A creative, fun and sociable office environment
- Gympass Silver Membership
- Premium subscription to CALM and Strava plus many other health apps
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to our events and shows in the UK
- Cycle-work program
- Subscription loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- Flexible work opportunities
- Participation in our local community charitable initiatives
Please upload your CV along with a cover letter.
Deadline: Monday, May 30
If you need to have a chat with us about the application process before applying for this role, please feel free to email Claire Horseman at [email protected]. We will be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be needed or answer any questions you have about potential barriers you think there may be before you apply. We recognize the importance of diversity within our team and are fully committed to welcoming all types of talent.