Changing the game since 2017, we’re a new kind of music company providing free music distribution and empowerment tools to artists and their teams around the world. Using music consumption data, we find, license and create cutting-edge services for tomorrow’s indie talent.
We are further expanding our global presence and are looking for a highly ambitious, business-oriented and creatively inspired Marketing Director. You will own, define and execute the Amuse brand and marketing initiatives across all channels globally. It is essential that you are strong in both strategy and execution. In this role, you will leverage your marketing skills and experience to create and scale Amuse’s products and services in existing and new markets. As a person, you are very emotionally intelligent and have a strong understanding of the music industry and its culture. You have a passion for all things music and technology and are a strong team player who values culture and winning together.
- Own, execute and deliver all brand and marketing campaigns driven by creative efforts, online and offline, as well as community building.
- Drive user growth through acquisition and conversion.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various internal teams such as creative, product, growth, to set goals and deploy initiatives for Amuse’s global campaigns and services.
- Create the GTM strategy, plan and direct its execution.
- Develop and manage marketing budget through comprehensive demand plans that enable optimization to ensure activities are effective, efficient and provide successful ROI metrics.
- Apply in-depth market research to identify unique and compelling opportunities to put the Amuse brand and product in front of new audiences.
- As a key part of the leadership team, lead and encourage the culture of fun, true partnership relationships across peer groups and office functions.
- Lead the marketing team.
Qualities and skills you possess:
- 10+ years of comprehensive marketing and leadership experience, working in marketing, preferably with experience in SME and/or niche audiences.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- A solid understanding of the different marketing components including growth, brand and CRM to see how they all work together to make a business successful.
- A solid understanding of new markets, particularly the US and UK, with previous experience in expanding a brand into multiple markets.
- Top notch brand builder and storyteller; proven success in building brands from the ground up.
- A proven track record of dramatically increasing brand engagement and growing the business.
- Solid digital knowledge and understanding of the changing media landscape.
- In-depth knowledge of using online and offline channels and tools to build both a brand and a user base.
- Proven ability to develop and execute a strategic marketing plan that leverages brand insights with a comprehensive tactical marketing plan assessed against a set of business metrics.
- Very analytical; able to make data-driven decisions and establish effective metrics to address marketing strategy and spend, without losing sight of the brand.
- Excellent cross-functional leader who is entrepreneurial and excels at both high-level thinking and execution and is effective at managing change in a fast-paced and constantly changing business.
- Strong understanding of monetization models on web and mobile platforms.
- Scope: Marketing Director
- Team: Marketing
- Reports to: COO
- Location: flexible (ideally New York)
- Additional information
- Remote Status
- Soft remote control