Ace Records is one of the leading reissue record labels and produces great sounding and well packaged releases. We work with repertoire experts, designers with a keen sense of period looks and highly skilled sound engineers who create CDs, vinyl and digital releases every month.
Your role at Ace
Your main role will be to manage the production of all physical products launched on the Ace label group.
- A strong awareness of deadlines, good organizational, administrative and analytical skills and a keen eye for detail are all essential.
- An ability and desire to meet deadlines on a regular monthly publishing schedule.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the production of CDs and LPs.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic image editing skills and knowledge and understanding of the repertoire we publish would also be advantageous.
What you will do:
- Participate in planning meetings attended by A&R, licensing, sales, marketing and digital departments to plan an agreed number of new releases each month.
- Work closely with project compilers, external designers, mastering studio, makers and Ace’s own departments to organize production parts. Issue regular deadlines, chasers and updates to everyone.
- Processes will include researching and verifying copy of label, commissioning, editing and proofreading of sleeve notes, researching and scanning photographs and memorabilia.
- Entry directory in Ace databases.
- Work with the designers by giving them clear briefs and all the elements that will be on the product. Check artwork progress at all stages up to delivery for printing and get approvals if needed.
- Organize masters for release, liaise with compilers, licensing partners, mastering studio and manufacturers. Manage press test approval.
- It will be your ultimate responsibility that all manufacturing parts are assembled and release dates are met.
- Organize spare parts for back catalog items when they have been lost or damaged. Re-origin the packages if necessary.
- Assistance in the creation of digital products.